• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Details of my interview :
The appointment was April 2,2015 for 8am, arrived at 6:45
and there were few people informant of us but almost after 10minutes they let us in by checking appointment letter and valid passport
And met two ladies one young somehow fresh and the other arrogant lady tell us to arrange the documents as per their order checklist on the folder.
Then I arranged the document and returned to them again and wait till they call us again , then after their second call together with them we check our document if it is as per their checklist oreder or not and inform us to return in afternoon 12:30pm with renewed keble ID for interview but reminding for those who did not register their dhl to register before they came in the afternoon 12:30pm
by giving small slip having phone number of dhl service registaraion for 1pm interview else they will not get interviewed , they are continuously reminding saying this:
‘when we come back in the afternoon every one should get registered for dhl service else if anybody did not get registered for the service they will not get interviewed ‘
Me and my family leave right after the docuemt cross check is over with them and hangout at national museum till we took our lunch near amist kilo and returned around 12:30pm and do go through the same security check and stayed at waiting room till our name called .
Around 1:30pm I was called at W3 to be informed that I need to pay for three of my family 20196, and return some of my documents like work experience and degree etc , but my surprise came when the Ethiopian guy told me to pay for all of the family , I thought only the principal applicant should first pay before he secured for the family visa after the CO.
Then I paid for three of my family and return back with the receicpt to the the window 3 where I have been told to pay. Then he told me to wait till my name called , then me and my husband start to observe the two windows carefully conducting the interview.
Then almost ten minutes I saw one window with family of four children interviewed at window 6 and I saw them they were arguing with the CO , and their mother start to cry but I think out of four children may be two of them were not on the original entry list , then I saw also one of elder child in tears and the other two little children returned to my baby girl to play with children’s play area, finally me and my spouse observing the situation turned out with denial and full of tears , and the family left the situation room leaving us with depression , right almost after 2minutes I can say I was called the same window for interview I was shocked and consider the guy is there only to deny visa especially for family,
ONE interpreter sit next to him , and he asked as
CO : raise your hand … ( the interpreter try to translate ..)
US: ….
( this time I am sure that the CO did even hear what we actually said when we swear , I saw him he was busy of doing things on the computer and our documents ) but I was terrified and start to shake , because of that incidence before my interview on the same window,
BUT
Co : asked my spouse to put four of left hand fingers on the finger printer
Co: again co asked my spouse to put right hand four fingers on the finger printers
CO: then he asked me to do the same as my spouse
No question , no question , no question only he is busy of checking of our docuements and start to return our original documents , then the only question he asked me (three questions ) while he is checking something on the computer and returning our documents
CO: What is the relationship with ur sponsor( the interpreter want translate but I informed the CO I can communicate with English he said OK
ME: She is my intimate friend sister
CO : good ( but he was not hundred percent with me, he did not even looking at me)
CO : Is it your personal saving that you paid visa process fee
ME: Yes
CO: Please inform your sponsor to pay USICIS fee, congratulation (by giving my yellow paper)
ME : Thank you sir
My husband did not control himself , he hug our baby girl and kissing her and cried kissing …cried kissing …cried , people in the room thought we were denied because they saw the same crying incidence at the same window right before our interview , actually my husband crying was because of our baby girl ( 5) keeping on saying that ‘ is that guy is he going to allow us to go to my sister- in- law house to meet almost her age my sister- in- law Son ‘
‘ is he going to allow us to see Fikir (my sister in law , son )? ‘
because I used to tell her practicing to tell her name in English at home if she is asked about her and her parents name during our interview , and if she correctly answer the question I told her that we have a chance to see FIKIR my –sister –in-law son etc ’ that’s why she keep on asking my husband about the person inside the window if he is going to allow us or not, and that’s why he is emotional when he saw our yellow paper.
Thanks all u , still I am in an excitement mood.
Over all I just only asked
1 . To swear
2. To put hands on the finger printer
3. Relationships with the sponsor
4 And confirmation of visas process fees (is it your personal saving or not ( yes or no question ))
That all done .
Actually I couldn’t not able to observer other interviews because I think I was the fifth one to be interviewed that day, but I observe some people who has got an appointment in the afternoon came without dhl registration service and instructed to get back some other time and to fill out reschedule appointment request on in the internet and submit ASAP, they were not lucky enough to have their appointment in the morning.
Finally from the bottom of my heart I really thank you all forum mates especially @Britsimon , @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ , @MB1xxx ,@ZGREAT , @God-Is-Love without your help this will not be as easy as to get only three interview question.

Thanks all again

Visa approved!! Thanks everyone.
Dear @biah congratulations , but i think i noticed you after i left the embassy.
You were there with new born baby, and started few conversation with my husband about delayed intervew, ds260 for new baby etc but interrupted when we got called for payment procss.

congra to u all and rolex 10q for the experience sharing and one thing I learned from ur interview experience is that one has to have lesser expectation of dv success sothat he won't fall to despereteness in case things go bad

and there were few people informant of us but almost after 10minutes they let us in by checking appointment letter and valid passport
And met two ladies one young somehow fresh and the other arrogant lady tell us to arrange the documents as per their order checklist on the folder.
Then I arranged the document and returned to them again and wait till they call us again , then after their second call together with them we check our document if it is as per their checklist oreder or not and inform us to return in afternoon 12:30pm with renewed keble ID for interview but reminding for those who did not register their dhl to register before they came in the afternoon 12:30pm
by giving small slip having phone number of dhl service registaraion for 1pm interview else they will not get interviewed , they are continuously reminding saying this:
‘when we come back in the afternoon every one should get registered for dhl service else if anybody did not get registered for the service they will not get interviewed ‘
Me and my family leave right after the docuemt cross check is over with them and hangout at national museum till we took our lunch near amist kilo and returned around 12:30pm and do go through the same security check and stayed at waiting room till our name called .
Around 1:30pm I was called at W3 to be informed that I need to pay for three of my family 20196, and return some of my documents like work experience and degree etc , but my surprise came when the Ethiopian guy told me to pay for all of the family , I thought only the principal applicant should first pay before he secured for the family visa after the CO.
Then I paid for three of my family and return back with the receicpt to the the window 3 where I have been told to pay. Then he told me to wait till my name called , then me and my husband start to observe the two windows carefully conducting the interview.
Then almost ten minutes I saw one window with family of four children interviewed at window 6 and I saw them they were arguing with the CO , and their mother start to cry but I think out of four children may be two of them were not on the original entry list , then I saw also one of elder child in tears and the other two little children returned to my baby girl to play with children’s play area, finally me and my spouse observing the situation turned out with denial and full of tears , and the family left the situation room leaving us with depression , right almost after 2minutes I can say I was called the same window for interview I was shocked and consider the guy is there only to deny visa especially for family,
( this time I am sure that the CO did even hear what we actually said when we swear , I saw him he was busy of doing things on the computer and our documents ) but I was terrified and start to shake , because of that incidence before my interview on the same window,
BUT
Co: again co asked my spouse to put right hand four fingers on the finger printers
No question , no question , no question only he is busy of checking of our docuements and start to return our original documents , then the only question he asked me (three questions ) while he is checking something on the computer and returning our documents
CO: What is the relationship with ur sponsor( the interpreter want translate but I informed the CO I can communicate with English he said OK
CO : good ( but he was not hundred percent with me, he did not even looking at me)
CO: Please inform your sponsor to pay USICIS fee, congratulation (by giving my yellow paper)
My husband did not control himself , he hug our baby girl and kissing her and cried kissing …cried kissing …cried , people in the room thought we were denied because they saw the same crying incidence at the same window right before our interview , actually my husband crying was because of our baby girl ( 5) keeping on saying that ‘ is that guy is he going to allow us to go to my sister- in- law house to meet almost her age my sister- in- law Son ‘
because I used to tell her practicing to tell her name in English at home if she is asked about her and her parents name during our interview , and if she correctly answer the question I told her that we have a chance to see FIKIR my –sister –in-law son etc ’ that’s why she keep on asking my husband about the person inside the window if he is going to allow us or not, and that’s why he is emotional when he saw our yellow paper.
1 . To swear
4 And confirmation of visas process fees (is it your personal saving or not ( yes or no question ))
That all done .
Actually I couldn’t not able to observer other interviews because I think I was the fifth one to be interviewed that day, but I observe some people who has got an appointment in the afternoon came without dhl registration service and instructed to get back some other time and to fill out reschedule appointment request on in the internet and submit ASAP, they were not lucky enough to have their appointment in the morning.
Finally from the bottom of my heart I really thank you all forum mates especially @Britsimon , @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ , @MB1xxx ,@ZGREAT , @God-Is-Love without your help this will not be as easy as to get only three interview question.

Thanks all again
Thanks

dear all
I just checked my status visa status at ceac.state.gov
it says :

" issued
IV case No : 2015af21xxx
case creation date : oct x
Status update date : 03-APRIL-2015

your visa has been printed . Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed , your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions , or if we need updated contact information , you will be contacted."

amazing how fast to get this update after one dayold interview.
thanks god .

BUT
1 . To swear
That all done .

Thanks all again

Nice and congratulations!!!