Airfrance + transit visa

desertrose

Registered Users (C)
Anyone had any bad experience travelling to India via Airfrance on H1/H4 recently without a Transit visa(French embassy say u don\'t need one if u have a valid US visa).

I am planning to travel

I confirmed with lots of resources like Air France, French Consulate in DC, United etc....and all of them say that the rule has changed. I went to the consulate website and it says the same. If "Indians" have a vaild US Visa, they dont need Airport Transit Visa.

I did travel

did travel thru paris and had a valid US visa(H1B & AP). They checked that on passport (i.e. H1B)

The rules have changed since May 3rd 2002. Visited French Embassy in NY and they said the same (went as, like you, heard conflicting reports).

Hope this helps

Germany requires a transit visa if you are travelling on AP...not sure for France

I am not sure about France but Germany reuqirea a transit visa if travelling on AP. We do not have valid US visa on our passports anymore and they consider AP as a temp. visa and you have to get a transit visa in that case.

My wife left in Feb to India when this rule was not there and she has to obtain one in India. I got my visa in German Consulate, Chicago.

thanks -mb
eb2/vsc/india, rd-06/01/2001, nd-08/03/2001, fp-01/17/2001, ap-still waiting