age range for NIW applicants

thientrananh

hi all. I do not know if this question was ever posted here. A search here did not return a good match so I am posting it. I would like to know if the USCIS implicitly has policy on the ages of the NIW applicants, meaning the younger the better? Do they have any age cut-off ? I am 41 yo now but since I do not want to migrate to the US in a near future I want to postpone my NIW application until later. My question then is what is the highest age I could go without jeopardizing my chance of getting the NIW approved ? Does any one know ?

Another related question : is it possible that I can obtain a NIW green card to the US and yet live and work most of the time in my country? I know this is contrary to the immigration intent of a US green card, but i decide to throw the question out here. Who knows.. The reason for this is that I am currently committed to a research position at a university in my home country. Yet a US green card will help facilitate joint research projects with my colleagues in the US. In addition I plan to move to the US in a far future, say 15 years from now.

Any info/replies/comments are welcome and appreciated.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator: