After the Aug Bull....Is still Ameriaca the Best

labor_replace

Registered Users (C)
Folks

I am pissed off...fed up....down...whatever you call it.

My PD is 2006 Jan.. EB3..fuXX...and forget it.

What should I do?

You might want to answer our polls for stress relief today. At least we can play a little bit and have a silly fun for today.

As in a fading marriage or relationship, our compassion, devotion and even admiration for an entity which is mistreating us so badly may turn into a strong disappointment in the future. Just watch. If the US continues to give us this bad treatment, many of us someday may get tired and just take off. Sorry to tell you that shouldn't harm the US at all, because there are millons of H1B's out there waiting to replace us.

labor_replace said:
Folks

What should I do?

You can be proactive

Try and apply for immigration to other countries like

UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore

or go back home. Treat this place like laborers do in the middle east. Try to scrape and hoard as much money as possible and go home.

Thanks Guys
Proactive?

Yes I will soon.......

But dont you think....after we get the GC then we should get the Citizenship....so another 10 years easily. Returning back with only GC is waste as it will expire....man this is a long project.....non billable....

How come nobody told me about this when I left India?

Oh ya, always the best in every ass..pect !!!!!

labor_replace said:
Folks

What should I do?

Aug Visa Bulletin

PD is just one part of the equation. What about Security check, Name check pending? add anther 2-3 years to your non billable project.

Despite the PD's were current, how many were still struck in the process citing Name check pending etc..

labor_replace said:
Folks

What should I do?

When did you come to US first?

labor_replace said:
Apollo

Came to US in late 2005.....

I am very sorry to say that you are over reacting here.

You just came to US few months ago and are already pissed off?

People who are fed up are waiting for several years (most of them are several years just in I-485).

Just take it easy, forget about the GC process, concentrate on other things, stop worrying about GC.....This will help you to get some peace of mind.......GC will come eventually...

labor_replace said:
Apollo

You are so full of it :rolleyes: There are people who have been here from the late 80's still waiting . You need to get in line and stop complaining :eek:

labor_replace said:
Apollo

I think for you it may be worth considering other alternatives. It is unlikely you will see your greencard for the next 7-10 yrs unless some favourable legislative action is enacted.
Hence you find yourself in the "fortunate" position of being able to decide BEFORE you invest much time and effort and money in this process. If you were to find another option in another country like say Canada, or Australia or some such country or a good position in a multinational in your home country it is definitely worth thinking about seriously.
On the other hand if you like the money and the work experience here and would accept it with or without a green card option then you ought to hang in here. Oh and 4 yrs later do not say you hung in here for the green card..................you have to decide now.

This country is explicitly stating it does not want too many computer programmers/IT professionals from India. There can be no doubt in that.
I am just so sad that their immigration policy is so primitive that it proverbially throws out the baby with the bath water. In other words there are those in EB2 and EB3 india that clearly they are short of and who are serving a valuable unmet need for them, yet they have no way to identify this hence they slow it for all. I am not sure if those of us in this situation ought to be upset with the system or those who have gamed it so well.

posmd said:

This country is explicitly stating it does not want too many computer programmers/IT professionals from India.

Not quite. The US is saying that not every single IT professional from India who wants to immigrate can. A country's immigration policy needs to first benefit its citizens. So yeah, the US has realized that there are too many Indian programmers here already and this is having a negative impact on US born programmers in terms of job opportunities and salaries. There is nothing wrong with adjusting immigration policy to correct this imbalance.

Jan 2006 PD ?, its difficult to see any positive side as long as ROW eb3 is retrogressed. Many of us think that it is only India eb3 that is effected by this. But as long as ROW eb3 is retrogressed there is no hope for India EB2 and EB1 too as the AC21 recapture laws can be applied only when the overall demand (this includes ROW eb3) is less than the available numbers. We can forget about getting unused visas from other countries in any category when we add the effect of 245(i). There are enough indians in every category.

So, doing simple math like working on 3000 visas per India category per year will tell us how long it will take to clear up the backlog. Years!!!

eddie_d said:
Not quite. The US is saying that not every single IT professional from India who wants to immigrate can. A country's immigration policy needs to first benefit its citizens. So yeah, the US has realized that there are too many Indian programmers here already and this is having a negative impact on US born programmers in terms of job opportunities and salaries. There is nothing wrong with adjusting immigration policy to correct this imbalance.

Very well said. Why do some Indians feel so persecuted? Heck , there are millions of people from all around the world waiting for green cards too and they don't complain half as much if not at all. I just sense that "some" Indians believe the US own them :confused:

eddie_d said:

I am not sure how what you are saying is different to what i posted.

More specifically not all EB2 and EB3 india are computer folks, there are biochemists, highway engineers, doctors, pharmacists and other such professionals for who there is currently a dire need here, make no mistake about it. I was bemoaning that this dinosaur of a system cannot perform like a balerina and filter out what it truly needs/wants. Again not sure if to blame the dinosaur or those that game it.

envision said:
Very well said. Why do some Indians feel so persecuted? Heck , there are millions of people from all around the world waiting for green cards too and they don't complain half as much if not at all. I just sense that "some" Indians believe the US own them :confused:

Well Envision, try to envision this, for EB2 ROW the Priority date is current, for EB2 India it is Unavailable. If the situation was the reverse then who do you think would frequent this board? You need to analyse this a bit!

US based programmers cannot be protected by this policy anyway. The fact is that this work is amenable to data transfer. US companies are only too aware of this fact and have used it at every juncture to persuade policy makers.

If US gov't stands firm on this rule, then corporate america can quite easily(and to some extent justifiably) move their development offshore more aggressively, and sadly for the protectionist elements there are no quotas on where the offshoring will go, so Anguilla with its 5000 people does not get a 7% quota, business will merely follow the talent and base its decisions on a business management approach.

There are 2 points at play here, this is most certainly a growth industry and there WILL be more jobs in this sector in the next 10 yrs, the question is where and at what pay? Gov't policys will determine this to a large extent. Furthermore looking at these still relatively high paying jobs in isolation is erroneous, the fact is they spur other less well paying jobs which inevitably overall strengthens the economy. So while US programmers may cry they are not getting the 100K they would like, from the countrys perspective it is better to have two 60K programmers and their lifetime of work and spending than have it all offshored, with those jobs and derivative benefits going elsewhere.

Regarding the other point of the wages paid for them, inherent in these jobs is the weakness that it is amenable to data transfer, the employers ie corporate america set that wage threshold at which they hire here not the US Gov't immigration policy makers or US dep't of labour and not even the trade unions of yesteryear........................welcome to the era of globalisation. The teamsters and other unions understand this and hence their push for allowing new workers if and where needed to come on green cards rather than go through a 5-10 yr period where their vulnerability puts an overall damper on everyones wages.

There is little anyone can do about this trend short of reinstalling trade and business barriers and restricting the movement of capital and goods and services. The winds of change however are not blowing in that direction and every country is afraid to start doing this as they will be left behind while everyone else develops their trading web.

US immigration policy is so clearly behind the curve on this and the rest of us have to wait while they figure it out!

There is a book out there called 3 billion capitalists,I strongly reccomend it, as it analyses these forces very well. It will not be easy to absorb all these people into the global capitalist system and for sure it will take a long time, but unless globalisation blows away for some reason, that is exactly what needs to happen. We small souls are caught in the cross currents of this huge undertaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
eddie_d said:
To some extent I agree with this. A newly arriving H1 today may be certainly going in for chances that are well suited for a citizen.

But, when you look at the IT outsourcing etc.., I would say its the corporate america that is looking for cheap labor and not lobbying for any immigration reforms. IMHO, as long as the outsourcing continues it is difficult to expect any immigration policy changes.

If the country is really worried about citizens losing opportunities, it should work on issues like outsourcing first. But this will not happen because of global competition.