After L1 denial

ppsand

I was on an L1A since Aug 2003 to start a new US subsidiary and my spouse and child on L2. Our application for extension after first year was denied as INS says we failed to prove that the company was sufficiently operational. (Can't see why)How can I have my child and husband stay in the US legally. We all have valid B1/B2 visas. My daughter and I are in status as we went out of the US this year and were re-admitted on B1/B2. My husband needs to leave as he is now out of status. Does this (his being out of status) start from the denial date or is there a grace period? How long does he have to stay out of the US before returning on B1/B2? I wonder if we should appeal (does it make any sense to) and if we do appeal can I travel to head office ( out 0f US) during the appeal? What options do we have except H as my spouse would like to work? Your comments would be appreciated.

same boat

Hi,
We had applied for extention but after RFE more then 15 months passed they transfared our case to apeal admistrative office. so we dont know what will happen. but what your lawyer says? what is progress mail me details. we had filed for I-140 and waiting for approval.
Thanks.

ppsand said:
I was on an L1A since Aug 2003 to start a new US subsidiary and my spouse and child on L2. Our application for extension after first year was denied as INS says we failed to prove that the company was sufficiently operational. (Can't see why)How can I have my child and husband stay in the US legally. We all have valid B1/B2 visas. My daughter and I are in status as we went out of the US this year and were re-admitted on B1/B2. My husband needs to leave as he is now out of status. Does this (his being out of status) start from the denial date or is there a grace period? How long does he have to stay out of the US before returning on B1/B2? I wonder if we should appeal (does it make any sense to) and if we do appeal can I travel to head office ( out 0f US) during the appeal? What options do we have except H as my spouse would like to work? Your comments would be appreciated. why did not your attorney show your company is operational ( accounts annual statments, bank statements, contract agreements etc ) atleast after denial.

ppsand said:
I was on an L1A since Aug 2003 to start a new US subsidiary and my spouse and child on L2. Our application for extension after first year was denied as INS says we failed to prove that the company was sufficiently operational. (Can't see why)How can I have my child and husband stay in the US legally. We all have valid B1/B2 visas. My daughter and I are in status as we went out of the US this year and were re-admitted on B1/B2. My husband needs to leave as he is now out of status. Does this (his being out of status) start from the denial date or is there a grace period? How long does he have to stay out of the US before returning on B1/B2? I wonder if we should appeal (does it make any sense to) and if we do appeal can I travel to head office ( out 0f US) during the appeal? What options do we have except H as my spouse would like to work? Your comments would be appreciated.

Hi

My case is exactly like yours ....am here on L1, which is expiring 1 Sept 2005. I too have a 10 year B1/B2 Visa.

You should continue building a strong case for your appeal - showing you have hired a few people will greatly help.

I see you you re-entered using the B1 visa. I wd be really grateful if you could tell me...

1. what your experience with immigration was when you arrived back on B1/B2 after L1 had expired ( I am planning on doing exactly that ).

2. What all questions did they ask , and did they ask for any documents ?

3. After how many months did u return ? and how many months I94 was granted ?

I am really grateful !

Regards,
Monu.
551-580-2163.

PS : I am in NY and wd be happy to help with any info if you like.