After I-485 Interview in San Francisco, case transferred back to CSC for further review

joeqfan

Registered Users (C)
I have a question regarding my I-485 case.

After my I-485 interview in Feb. 2002, I got a notice saying that the case is transferred back to CSC for further review. I thought the interview went smooth and officer was nice. There is no request for additional documents or anything.

Anybody give suggestions/oppinions as to what does this mean?

Thanks,
Joe

Just to give more information

The notice says future correspondence sent to:

California Service Center
ATTN: Business and Trade Product Line
2400 Avila Road, 2nd Floor
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Anyone knows what this is?

Thanks,
Joe

No Title

This is quite unusual. I never heard of any interview case being transferred back to service center. What did the interview officer tell you at the end of interview? Did s/he tell you the reason why s/he could not make a decision upon interview? Did you have a lawyer with you in the interview?

similar case here in l.a.

a friend of mine had his interview jan \'01 then he was asked to resubmit some docs. few months passed not a word from i.n.s. then august \'01 got a sched for fp so he went then dec. 01 he received a letter from l.a. office that they will transfer his case back to CSC for further review & possible revocation of visa petition. after a month though he got his approval in the mail with a notice to disregard their previous notice of transfer to CSC. it ended well for him, hope it will also for u.

Did you mean his case was finally approved in local office?

Thanks for the information. Did you say that the L.A. local office later retracted the notice and approved it a month later (in local office not in CSC)?

Joe

I feel worrysome

The interview actually went fine in my judgement and my lawyer also thought the case was going to be approved. Now the reason that the case was not approved at the end of the interview, was because he only had a few minutes to look the case before the interview and he needed some more time to look at it. But the tune and the questions he asked were pretty good.

The case was a NIW waiver. The notice did not say there is any intention to revoke but just "for further review".

Joe

No Title

I suggest you ask your lawyer to try to contact the interview officer directly for information about your case. The officer\'s name is on the notice that s/he gave you at the end of interview.
The interview I had on 1/31 is somewhat similar to yours in that after the interview the officer didn\'t approve my case. She said she needed more time to review. My lawyer then asked her if we could contact her for status checking. She said yes and gave my lawyer a note with her contact info. Two weeks later, I received approval notice from the local office. I believe my lawyer didn\'t contact the officer.
In your case, the transfer might be related to your I-140(NIW). The local office can\'t review your I-140 so they transfer back to service center. It\'s only my guess. Check with your lawyer.

SF interview

Can you please tell us when did your file got transferred to SFO, and how long did it take to get the interview?

Thank you.

No Title

My file was transferred to San Francisco in May 01 and I got interviewed at end of Feb. 02.

Joe

What questions did they ask at the interview and how long???

Hi

Have an interview next week so I was wondering what questions did they ask you? and how long you had the interview??

Thanks.

for joeqfan...

i hope it turns out well for you. my friend who got a notice informing him of the transfer back to CSC from Local office got his green card last month. he got his approval after 1 year from the date he was interviewed in the local INS ofc. in LA.