*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

Re..Consular Processing

Hi Sri/Raju and others......
I would be getting my Labor cleared in a month maybe<optimistic thoughts aboundin>...I'm from Hyd...what determing issues would help me in goin for consular process..shud i choose that option...

My company is stable....
I have worked here since 98 Jan with relatively consistent work status.
Just got married a year ago...thank you:D
Would love to get GC like everybody else in an easier quicker fashion if the option is well treaded.

If i'm botherin you with basic Qs, please direct me the the place to find the answers.

Thanks

Re: Re..Consular Processing

Originally posted by maltu
Hi Sri/Raju and others......
I would be getting my Labor cleared in a month maybe<optimistic thoughts aboundin>...I'm from Hyd...what determing issues would help me in goin for consular process..shud i choose that option...

My company is stable....
I have worked here since 98 Jan with relatively consistent work status.
Just got married a year ago...thank you:D
Would love to get GC like everybody else in an easier quicker fashion if the option is well treaded.

If i'm botherin you with basic Qs, please direct me the the place to find the answers.

Thanks

Hi maltu,

Welcome to the forum.

Once you get your LC, as you are aware you have two options.

1. File just the I-140 with cp option: A preferable way if , as you
indicated the job is stable and expect to stay that way for the
next 12 months.

2. File the I-140 and 485 at the same time. This way even though
getting the GC takes longer, you can have the EAD and the
rule AC 21 if necessary. One definite advantage is, your wife can start working in about 90 days from the date of filing by using the EAD.

Finally, as things stand, if you are confident about your paperwork and the job, go for the CP. For CP a rough estimate would be as following:

1. Approval of I-140 : 2 to 4 months, barring any problems.

2. CP Process : 5 to 8 months.

Raju

Raju,
Thanks a lot for the detailed info..it was really informative.
My visa expires in the month of Nov 2003<my 6 years>.
Shud my GC be rejected for a reason which is documentation related...when i go for the cp in madras..what wud be my options.

Can i apply for extension in in the middle of the year before i before for madras and come back on my valid/extended H1 shud i have issues there?

Do i have to reapply for a visa in madras after coolin my heels there for a month or so?

Thanks agw for the tip...i been feedin myself with lot of info from the threads:)

Originally posted by maltu
Raju,
Thanks a lot for the detailed info..it was really informative.
My visa expires in the month of Nov 2003<my 6 years>.
Shud my GC be rejected for a reason which is documentation related...when i go for the cp in madras..what wud be my options.

Can i apply for extension in in the middle of the year before i before for madras and come back on my valid/extended H1 shud i have issues there?

Do i have to reapply for a visa in madras after coolin my heels there for a month or so?

Thanks agw for the tip...i been feedin myself with lot of info from the threads:)

maltu,

You could get your H1-B extended (for a year) once you got your labor approved (or labor had been pending for over a year)

Rejection of CP is really rare (less than 1% chances). But just in that remote case:

Possibility 1: If you have your H1-B Extended and the H1-B was not cancelled, you could still come to US.

Possibility 2: If you *dont* have your H1-B Extended you will not be able to enter US until you get some other visa (like new H1-B/ F1 etc).

Worse Case: If your CP was rejected on the basis of terror/criminial violation/fraud, you would *never* be able to enter US again on *any* visa.

As for extension of H1-B you would be able to apply only 90 days before expiry if I remember right. Then once when you get your I-797 form, you could get your visa stamped over here in US or you could get it done in India too...

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Ganesh.

Help

Hi everyone, just got my packet 3 , and will go for CP in GuangZhou. A couple of questions for the experts reading this:

(1) Is there anyway to send the packet 3 directly to the consulate? I read in some broad that it can be done.

(2) I heard that there is a lot of delay at GuangZhou consulate. Is that true?

(3) I was also told than I can file my case in montrol, does that mean, I need to file a I-825 and then AC-140? Is it worth the effort?

(4) What if my employment is terminited by the interview date?

Thanks in advance and good luck all!

RJ:) :)

my case status !!

My case still under review. NVC received it on Feb 5, 2003. I have seen atleast 2 cases received on or after Feb 5 already reviewed. I told the same to the operator and asked if there is any problem with my case. She said, there is no way cases received on Feb 5 were reviewed, unless they are special cases ( what a joke ).
I got used to the waiting game right from labour, I will continue the same.
:eek:

Re: my case status !!

Originally posted by ssn43017
My case still under review. NVC received it on Feb 5, 2003. I have seen atleast 2 cases received on or after Feb 5 already reviewed. I told the same to the operator and asked if there is any problem with my case. She said, there is no way cases received on Feb 5 were reviewed, unless they are special cases ( what a joke ).
I got used to the waiting game right from labour, I will continue the same.
:eek:

ssn43017,

cheerup... u will join us for MAY interview positively.
all the best
sri-IL

Re: Re: Re..Consular Processing

Hi Ganesh:
Thanks for all the information...it was quite informative...i'm still in the process of convinvin my employer to lemme go for a CP for my case. They have reservations about it...shud i face any complications this might affect the other's GC processing in my company. I hit a wall there:)

Anyway....i shall be readin all the messages and see how things wud work out for me and good luck for u all.

Originally posted by Raju595
Hi maltu,

Welcome to the forum.

Once you get your LC, as you are aware you have two options.

1. File just the I-140 with cp option: A preferable way if , as you
indicated the job is stable and expect to stay that way for the
next 12 months.

2. File the I-140 and 485 at the same time. This way even though
getting the GC takes longer, you can have the EAD and the
rule AC 21 if necessary. One definite advantage is, your wife can start working in about 90 days from the date of filing by using the EAD.

Finally, as things stand, if you are confident about your paperwork and the job, go for the CP. For CP a rough estimate would be as following:

1. Approval of I-140 : 2 to 4 months, barring any problems.

2. CP Process : 5 to 8 months.

Raju

P3 review still waiting

Hi guys,

I am still waiting for te P3 review at NVC. NVC revieved my packet on Jan 9th 2003..????
When I call the operator all she says is your application is still not reviewed, it take any where from 6- 8 weeks. I don't know how we can find out if my info is entered in the system.. stuff like that.
Is there any one still waiting from Jan fro Review...???

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Case entered into NVC computer sytsem

Originally posted by aneeel
Hi guys,

I am still waiting for te P3 review at NVC. NVC revieved my packet on Jan 9th 2003..????
When I call the operator all she says is your application is still not reviewed, it take any where from 6- 8 weeks. I don't know how we can find out if my info is entered in the system.. stuff like that.
Is there any one still waiting from Jan fro Review...???

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Aneel,

Your case, for sure, has been entered into the NVC computer system. If this was not the case then, NVC reps wouldn't have given you the time frame of 6 to 8 weeks. You may keep checking the status using the NVC AVM.

As it has been seen, there are few cases where NVC took complete 8 weeks to review a case. I hope it doesn't happen with your case. But everyting looks normal for your case.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Help please!

Help
Hi everyone, just got my packet 3 , and will go for CP in GuangZhou. A couple of questions for the experts reading this:

(1) Is there anyway to send the packet 3 directly to the consulate? I read in some broad that it can be done.

(3) I was also told than I can file my case in montrol, does that mean, I need to file a I-825 and then AC-140? Is it worth the effort?

RJ

RE: why NVC assigned different case number

Hi,

I checked out NVC AVM (603-334-0700). It states that my case has been received by Mar 04 2003. But each time i called, then assign me a new case number. but received date is same. It also states that it will take 6-8 weeks to mail documentation to beneficiary or attorney. So, Mar 04 2003 is the date NVC received my case? How do I know when NVC create my case? Please inform. Thanks!

mlin144

case already created

mlin144,

Your case has been created. Talk to an operator to confirm your CP case number. You should expect to receive the request to pay the bill/fee from NVC.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Re: how to define NVC RD and Case creat date?

CPDelhi,

Thanks for your information. NVC received my case on Mar 04 2003. How to define it is NVC RD or Case creating date? Besides it is hard to call in by NVC phone number? It is always busy like INS.

From AVM, it will take 6-8 weeks to receive documentation. Is it CP fee sending out?

Thanks!

mlin144

Re: Help please!

Originally posted by GetMyGCb4LO
Help

Yes... If you consulate accepts AC-140. (But I am not sure about this with the new NVC procedure..

I don't know....

Depends on where you are with your I-485. It has both pros and cons... It's up to you to decide..

The Whole process would be a big mess then...

If the company is willing to employ you (or give a letter to that effect) after you get your GC then there should not be much of a problem.

Hope this helps

RJ

W2/salary Q

Fellas:

My salary as quoted in LCA and LC(BOTH) is more than the amount shown on W-2. This is because the company pays certain benefits (health insurance, 401-K, conferences etc) which adds up to the LC/LCA salary and do not show up on the W2. Will it be OK for me to get this clarified in the "employer letter" or will it create problems at NWD? i would appreciate your thoughts on this very much.

PAN - Recent Indian Budget

Hello,

Opted for CP, waiting for interview.

I have not applied for PAN.
Somebody tells me,
Authorities at Indian airport may ask for PAN, without PAN they may not allow you
to travel. Is this right ?

Thank you,
Venkat

what is PAN?

venkat_san,

What is PAN?

Could you also list the URL where the Indian Budget has mentioned in their declaration.

Thanks.

Re: W2/salary Q

Originally posted by arreosamba
Fellas:

My salary as quoted in LCA and LC(BOTH) is more than the amount shown on W-2. This is because the company pays certain benefits (health insurance, 401-K, conferences etc) which adds up to the LC/LCA salary and do not show up on the W2. Will it be OK for me to get this clarified in the "employer letter" or will it create problems at NWD? i would appreciate your thoughts on this very much.

I have not heard that health insurance, 401K, etc being part of the basic salary shown on LCA/LC. These are just benefits awarded by the company on regular basis on top of the basic salary.

Can somebody give more deatils/clarifications on it?

Thanks.