Affidavit photocopies or only original to be submitted for I130

honeyhappy

Registered Users (C)
I am in process of filing I130 for my father based on my citizen status. I now have collected all the required affidavits related to my birth and my parent's marriage. Should I send original affidavits or its copies along with application, since instructions suggest not submit originals. Any suggestion. Thanks.

:mad::confused::rolleyes::cool:

since instructions suggest not submit originals.

You seem to have answered your own question...lol

For I-130 purposes you need not submit originals, only photocopies. When you submit form DS-230 you will then be required to send originals.

Good luck!

I was going through instructions for I-130 for applying GC for my father while applying r based on my citizenship status, I found of no mention of any Passport picture of my father while completing I-130 application I want to confirm on this forum that I may not be missing that part and no pictures are required for I-130 application
Thanks

I am in process of filing I130 for my father based on my citizen status. I now have collected all the required affidavits related to my birth and my parent's marriage. Should I send original affidavits or its copies along with application, since instructions suggest not submit originals. Any suggestion. Thanks.

If you plan to submit affidavits, you must submit the original & notarized affidavits. but if you plan to submit the birth certificates then you can submit copies of the same. Affidavits are only valid if notarized.

PS - I am not an attorney. Please don't consider the above as legal advice.

I was going through instructions for I-130 for applying GC for my father while applying r based on my citizenship status, I found of no mention of any Passport picture of my father while completing I-130 application I want to confirm on this forum that I may not be missing that part and no pictures are required for I-130 application
Thanks

When you are filing I-130 application it does require Pasport Size photos of both Petitioner and Beneficiery. Read the compete I-130 instructions and document requirements.

Thanks immi_mygc, Gladius and Big bull99 for your suggestions.
I have a second look at the instructions of I130. It says in case of I130 is for spouse (a husband and wife- page 3 of I130 instructions under 1 C) than one need to enclose passport pictures but not in any other point under other categories (point 7 on page 3). So I was wondering are there different instructions that include passport pictures for husband and wife but not for any other category? Am I interpreting it wrongly?

Thanks.