• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support

ramoz

Registered Users (C)
Hi to all,

it says here " A separate affidavit must be submitted for each person. "

We are a family of four so Does that mean that we need four affidavit for each person or four copies or should it be with different names.

If my sponser is not working now ( she is preganant ) but she posses a house would this qualify him to sponser me??

Do I need to have extra money in my bank account.

What do you advise me to do!!!?

QUESTION:
Are original affidavits of support required for each family member?

ANSWER
Photocopies of the original affidavit of support may be used for each accompanying family member as long as each copy has an original signature and is signed before a Consular or Immigration Officer or a notary public. Photocopies are only valid for 6 months from the date of the signature on the original affidavit of support.

QUESTION:
my sponsor is not working, she is pregnant but she owns a house. Would this qualify her to sponsor me?

ANSWER:
A sponsor is not required to be employed, so long as the sponsor's income from sources other than employment, or the income of other qualifying persons in the household and/or assets are sufficient to reach or exceed the poverty line for the sponsor's household size.

If the sponsors assets do not the minimum income requirements as listed in the 2006 poverty guidelines, she can request a joint sponsor to sign the form with her. A joint sponsor must accept joint legal responsibility for supporting you and your family. the joint sponsor will also be required to reach the 125 percent income requirement as outlined in the poverty guidelines.

QUESTION:
Do I need to have extra money in my bank account?

ANSWER:
It is always a good idea to show that you are financially stable and will not be 100% dependant on your sponsor. proff of financial stability would include:bank statement, title deeds showing you own property, car title/log book, verification of ownership of stocks and bonds etc

the link below has all the information you would need regarding the affidavit of support.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for ur reply.

First, My sponser is not working now and she is living on her hsband income. So what shall I do. What is the best time to prepare this papers.

Second , Should I prepare the police certificate from now or shall I wait till my number is near current.

Do you think that Egyptian have a chance with 7.229 winning the DV with only 7% of the total visa given = 3000 approx. so that mean that 4000 will not get even near.

I am so worried

QUESTION:
Should I prepare the police certificate now or should I wait till my number is near current
ANSWER:
It does not take long to get a police certificate. So you should not worry about that right now. You can get it when your number becomes current. However, if you have lived in a different country/different countries for more than 12 months, you may want to get police certificates from those countries as soon as possible.

QUESTION:
Do you think that Egyptians have a chance with 7.229 winning the DV with only 7% of the total visa given = 3000 approx. so that mean that 4000 will not get even near.
ANSWER:
I cannot predict whether or not your case number will become current next year. But you can get a rough idea by looking over the archived visa bulletins
<http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2978.html>

Last edited by a moderator: