affidavit of support...process

zicomania

Registered Users (C)
Am trying to send my AOS package this month, but i need help with affidavit of support form. My wife mom and her friend want to co-sponsor me, are each of them going to feel a separate form I-864 or what. any help pls

Your wife is your primary sponsor. Her friend who is also sponsoring is a joint sponsor. Yes, two copies of I-864 have to be filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you mean my wife mom, because she and her friend are sponsoring me, not my wife because my wife doesn't meet the income

Just to clarify, you are applying for AOS based on marriage to a US citizen right? In that case, your spouse has to be your primary sponsor (Even if she does not meet the necessary income requirements). Everyone else is a co-sponsor.

Yes AOS based on marriage to US citizen, but still don't get what u mean. does my wife have to fill out the form I-864 too, my wife income is not enough.. her mom and her friend want to sponsor, so i don't get it that my wife has to be my primary sponsor. Please clarify please. One more question which of the form does the sponsor and co-sponsor have to fill, because am confuse about the form I-864 and I-864A

Ok that means that she has to fill one of the I-864 too. Which means that i will have to print out 3 copies of I-864 for my wife, my wife mom, and her friends who are sponsoring. And does my wife need to put her pay-stub as a document too.

does not matter who else is sponsoring. Your wife has to be the primary sponsor since she is the petitioner.

Also my wfe is still a student and make $3000 for annual income, should i put it on the current annual income, since she my primary petitioner, and does she need to include her paystub, because she has not file tax

zicomania
You would be sending 3 I-864's. One from your wife, 2nd from your wife's mom, 3rd from her friend. Based on poverty level, try to look if your wife's mom's income is sufficient, then you would not be required to send I-864 from her friend.

zicomania
You would be sending 3 I-864's. One from your wife, 2nd from your wife's mom, 3rd from her friend. Based on poverty level, try to look if your wife's mom's income is sufficient, then you would not be required to send I-864 from her friend.

my wife mom does not meet the poverty guideline, dats why her friend is the 3rd co-sponsor i get it now, I will do that asap.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: