Affidavit of Support I-864 and Notary

shashidar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got the form I-864 (Version 01/15/06) from USCIS web site.
(USCIS web site says version 11/01/06 and that is not available there)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

In this version of I-864 there is no place for Notary, like in the (older) version 11/05/01 under section 7. As per the USCIS web site older versions other than the 01/15/06 edition are not acceptable.
But USCIS San Francisco office is still issuing version 11/05/01 !!!

Do I need to notarize the new I-864 or this requirement is removed?
Any idea from the experts?

I am US citizen and filing GC for my wife (I-130 & I-485).

Thanks,
shashi :confused:

I wish i could help you, I 'm was wondering the same thing. I'll be mailing in my application soon without getting it notarize, the new version this is.

I originally had downloaded an older version that still had the notarization in it. I believe the 'package' you can download from USCIS still has the old version of the form in it. I then downloaded all the forms individually, and the I-864 no longer has the Notary section in it. That's the one we submitted, and I assume we would have gotten an RFE by now if they needed it notarized, or a different version of the form.

I even remember reading somewhere 'official' that they removed the need for notarization from that form, but I can't remember where.

shashidar said:
Hi,

I got the form I-864 (Version 01/15/06) from USCIS web site.
(USCIS web site says version 11/01/06 and that is not available there)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

In this version of I-864 there is no place for Notary, like in the (older) version 11/05/01 under section 7. As per the USCIS web site older versions other than the 01/15/06 edition are not acceptable.
But USCIS San Francisco office is still issuing version 11/05/01 !!!

Do I need to notarize the new I-864 or this requirement is removed?
Any idea from the experts?

I am US citizen and filing GC for my wife (I-130 & I-485).

Thanks,
shashi :confused:

Hi:

The requirement to have I864 notarized has been removed. Just send the newest version of the form as per its instructions.