Affidavit of Support help.

wattyboy

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Alright we recently recevied a RFE for my wifes (petitioner) tax returns and letter of employment stating her earnings. My question is I have been working out of status and we have been married for over 2 years. We filed our 2007 tax returns as married filing jointly. Now they want a copy of the most recent tax years return. My income is on that return what should I do?

Edit: I've been searching the site and from what i"ve read is I should just sent them the joint tax return since my working without authorization will be forgiven since I am married to a USC. I just want to make sure I send them the proper evidence I don;t want to lie to them. I've been floating under the radar way to long and just want to legalize myself the proper way

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I filed taxes jointly with my wife?
or will the transcript only be for her for the year 2007?

Send in copy your tax returns (even it is joint) or transcripts for those respective years and proof of current year income (pay checks) for either yourself or your spouse

Quick question

Item 23 asks....

My current individual annual income.

I work as a consultant on different projects time to time. My last project ended back in July and since then I have been at home looking for work and new assugnment. I have made decent money in the last 6 months. Now how do I answer this question # 23.
In item 22, I have stated that I have been unemployed since July 2008.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.