Advance Parole Validity

vahope4gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

What is the validity of AP the expire date on the Approval notice or the date stamped on I-94 while entering USA on AP?

I am asking this because I have AP which expires in May 2005 according to approval notice but on I-94 they stamped it is valid till Dec 5 2005 as I entered US on AP on 12/05/04.

Also what will happen after 12/05/05 if I don't renew the AP? Will I be out of status? just confused in understanding this AP issue

Thanks in advance

I guess its valid until May 2005 only. You need to apply for second AP if you need to travel after that. AP has nothing to do with your status, it sonly for travelling purposes. I guess you have an EAD too which should be renewed every year as well.

It is valid only till the date printed on the AP. The paroled until really has no meaning with regard to your status or the validity. Some people have mistaken this validity and landed in trouble.

Advance parole expiry is one year from the date of issue.

Advance parole expiry is one year from the date of issue. I-94 date desn't have any significance for I-485 applicants. You can travel as many times as you want within that time fame. My daughter applied for APR and left US and returned based on APRs which were sent to her after they are approved. So so long as you have a unexpired APR you will not have any problem to enter US.

vahope4gc said:
Hello Friends,

What is the validity of AP the expire date on the Approval notice or the date stamped on I-94 while entering USA on AP?

I am asking this because I have AP which expires in May 2005 according to approval notice but on I-94 they stamped it is valid till Dec 5 2005 as I entered US on AP on 12/05/04.

Also what will happen after 12/05/05 if I don't renew the AP? Will I be out of status? just confused in understanding this AP issue

Thanks in advance
Your AP expires in May. While AOS ( 485 is pending ) 12/05 stamp or passport does not matter, as your status is ALWAYS LEGAL ( and you are inside USA ) till a decision is made.

All have tried to answer your questions, but I will summarize below, in case of any confusion you may still have.

Validity of AP: It is till May, 2005. This means you can leave the US and enter on that AP before May 2005. After that you will need a new AP.

I-94: Technically your I-94 is valid till 12/2005, i.e. 1 year after you last entered. But in reality, since you are in AOS pending this does not have any meaning. You will continue to be in status even after 12/2005, and you do not have to do anything in regards to renewing I-94 or such.

What will happen after 12/05/05: Nothing ! You will be in status and don't have to do anything. Even yf you don't renew the AP, you will be in status. You will however need a new AP to renter US after May 2005 (expiry date on AP).