Advance Parole Surrender question for parent

snallapa

Registered Users (C)
I am U.S. citizen, applied for my mother I-485 and I-130 through San Francisco District Office in May 2004. We also applied for Advanced Parole(I-131) along with the I-485 application and they gave advanced parole for till Nov 20,2004(for 4 months). We have plans to visit India only in Decemeber. Since we don't intend to travel during this parole, is there any advantage in
surrendering the advanced parole back to INS. I would like to know if
the application is not going to be processed(interview won't be
scheduled) if we are holding a parole, if that is the case I want to
send back the advanced parole notice to INS through mail.

Only for 4 months

Immigration officer told me that at present they are giving AP only for 4 months.

snallapa said:
I am U.S. citizen, applied for my mother I-485 and I-130 through San Francisco District Office in May 2004. We also applied for Advanced Parole(I-131) along with the I-485 application and they gave advanced parole for till Nov 20,2004(for 4 months). We have plans to visit India only in Decemeber. Since we don't intend to travel during this parole, is there any advantage in
surrendering the advanced parole back to INS.
No
I would like to know if
the application is not going to be processed(interview won't be
scheduled) if we are holding a parole,
Will be processed, even with AP
if that is the case I want to
send back the advanced parole notice to INS through mail.
We got AP for 1 year (multiple entry) last week at Pittsburgh, based on a medical emergency in India. Got it on the same day (did not apply with 130/485 in May 2004)

your AP has nothing to do with your process application, it does not slow or hinder your process in anyway? By the way, you got an AP for 4 months, when you filed it, did you ask for Multi-entries or single entry? It depends on what explaination you write with the application? Also, why do you want to submit it back, you will not get anything or any refund on this if is issues once? If you are planning to travel in December, you will have to apply for another AP.

Thanks to dsam and waitingforAOS11 for the replies. We did ask for mutiple entries and put the starting date as Nov 25th. Officer told us that they are only going for 4 months now a days, and he is the who told me that the application won't be processed until AP is expired or surrenderd. Looks like we can not trust these guys..