Advance Parole, I-131

ahmef

Registered Users (C)
I need help on I-131.
H1B is valid. 140 and 485 filed 2 month ago. Do I Need 131 for visits outside US. guidelines say no need for 131 if H1B valid?

If I31 is required, I will apply for more than 1 trip. Do I have to provide dates for each trip or just an approximate date of first trip?

I understand that 131 are valid for 1 year. Does that mean one can make multilple trips during that 1 year

>>Do I Need 131 for visits outside US. guidelines say no need for 131 if H1B valid?

No AP is not needed if the H1B is valid and you have not used EAD.

>>Do I have to provide dates for each trip or just an approximate date of first trip?

First trip date would do.They give AP for an year.

>>I understand that 131 are valid for 1 year. Does that mean one can make multilple trips during that 1 year.

Yes if multiple entry AP is approved.Normally this is what is asked and given by BCIS.

AP 131

Thanks for the help. Your answer has raised more questions:

Please explain no AP needed if H1B valid and "EAP not used". How does one use EAP? The fact that 485 is filed has no bearing?

I have been told freightening stories about leaving on H1B and should 140 gets approved during stay outside means "no entry"

Also 485 directions say clearly that any trip outside means abandonment of 485.

Forgive my ignorance, I am new at the forum and trying to clarify what has been fed to me before.

ahmef

it's not EAP, read carefully GCSeekerInd answer, but it's EAD meance Employment Authorization Document, which you can use to change or start second job.

Obviously I think you haven't used it (getting it is different thing but only using it will invaildet your h1b status)

"I have been told freightening stories about leaving on H1B and should 140 gets approved during stay outside means "no entry" "

Those stories are only stories, i don't find any fact in them

"Also 485 directions say clearly that any trip outside means abandonment of 485."

That was true before 1999, but in 1999 they had amedment in the rule for duel intent visa (h1, h4, L1), so if you are maintaining any legal non immigant status like h1/h4/l1, you don't need AP.

I hope these answer your questions.

JB

485 reciept a must

If you are using H1b you also need original 485 notice.
It is your job to tell the Inspecting officier on your return that your 485 is filed. If you fail to do and show the original 485 recieprt notice your 485 will be revoked. This stipulation was included in 2000.