Advance Parole (I-131) lost in mail. Trip planned. What options?

waavman

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Mine & my wife's I-485 is pending and we both have our EADs'
I applied for renewal of mine and my wife's advance parole (I-131) for the period Sep 2008 to Sep 09 in May 08. I got mine. But my wife's Advance parole which got approved and mailed out by USCIS around the same time on Jul 7, has not yet come (Aug 6 ). Its now 30 days past approval. So they must have bungled up something or it must have got lost in mail.
My wife has to travel to India on Nov 30 '08 and the tickets are already booked.
USCIS says I can file an inquiry now since it is 30 days past approval and wait for 30-60 more days to hear back from them whether they sent to the wrong or correct address. In case they come back around Oct 1st week saying her AP had been sent to the correct address, then I have to re-apply for my wife's AP paying the painful $305 again with the added risk of not being able to get it in time for her Nov 30 trip.
(1) Does anyone else who has gone through this before have any ideas of what is the best option for us ?
(2) Should we wait for USCIS to get back to us on the inquiry or just go ahead and re-apply for an AP renewal for my wife $305 again.
(3) Are there people out there who went through a similar experience of not getting their AP/renewed AP in mail and then got an inquiry response from USCIS that their AP had been mailed to the right address and so they have to re-apply ? If most of you have got this reponse then I might have to think about re-applying now itself rather than wait till USCIS gets back at its own leisure.
(4) Does anyone have the experience of USCIS coming back & admitting USCIS did not mail it to the right address or they made some other error and so would re-issue the document at not extra cost ( Wish this happened in my case) ?
(5) In addition, if there are any other alternatives , please let me know.

Any ideas / suggestions in this matter much appreciated

thanks
waavman

Hi

Mine & my wife's I-485 is pending and we both have our EADs'
I applied for renewal of mine and my wife's advance parole (I-131) for the period Sep 2008 to Sep 09 in May 08. I got mine. But my wife's Advance parole which got approved and mailed out by USCIS around the same time on Jul 7, has not yet come (Aug 6 ). Its now 30 days past approval. So they must have bungled up something or it must have got lost in mail.
My wife has to travel to India on Nov 30 '08 and the tickets are already booked.
USCIS says I can file an inquiry now since it is 30 days past approval and wait for 30-60 more days to hear back from them whether they sent to the wrong or correct address. In case they come back around Oct 1st week saying her AP had been sent to the correct address, then I have to re-apply for my wife's AP paying the painful $305 again with the added risk of not being able to get it in time for her Nov 30 trip.
(1) Does anyone else who has gone through this before have any ideas of what is the best option for us ?
(2) Should we wait for USCIS to get back to us on the inquiry or just go ahead and re-apply for an AP renewal for my wife $305 again.
(3) Are there people out there who went through a similar experience of not getting their AP/renewed AP in mail and then got an inquiry response from USCIS that their AP had been mailed to the right address and so they have to re-apply ? If most of you have got this reponse then I might have to think about re-applying now itself rather than wait till USCIS gets back at its own leisure.
(4) Does anyone have the experience of USCIS coming back & admitting USCIS did not mail it to the right address or they made some other error and so would re-issue the document at not extra cost ( Wish this happened in my case) ?
(5) In addition, if there are any other alternatives , please let me know.

Any ideas / suggestions in this matter much appreciated

thanks
waavman

Ideally you have to have AP in hand or valid H, L visa in your passport. No airline will let you in o return back without one of those.

I would wait the period indicated and check back with the USCIS. You still have plenty of time before November 30.

You can always make an Infopass Appointment 30 days from now if it has not been resolved by then. Take your tickets along with you to the appointment and any correspondence from the USCIS regarding the matter.