administratively closed

ddemissi

Registered Users (C)
I submitted RIF and BIO a little bit late, since I got their (USCIS) letter a few weeks before the deadline. I went physical to one of USCIS district office to find out about my case, the lady told me that, I submitted the RIF after my case was “administratively closed” ( I am assuming, she meant I didn’t met the deadline). She further explained that it’s up the IO who handles my case to exercise his/her discretion in processing my file …… I just need your inputs. Thank you. :)

DDEMISSI,you need a lawyer.
A friend of mine had the same situation as yours and he hired a lawyer to write him a letter which explain a valid reason for being late.
Be prepared to give a valid reason (death in the family or serious illnes of one of your closest family member).Then if the IO is convinced of your reasons he/she will reopen and process your case.

Good Luck my brother

Gebre

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, yager lege. We did write a letter, she(IO) was talking about even after the letter my case is still under the mercy of the IO to look at it or not, just because the due deadline was not met. I really apperciate, if Cadel, Want, thankful and the rest of the folks bless me with their input :)

ddemissi said:
Thank you, yager lege. We did write a letter, she(IO) was talking about even after the letter my case is still under the mercy of the IO to look at it or not, just because the due deadline was not met. I really apperciate, if Cadel, Want, thankful and the rest of the folks bless me with their input :)
do not surrender ..you only way out is to hire lawyer.
do it ..and do it as soon as possible.

ddemissi said:
I submitted RIF and BIO a little bit late, since I got their (USCIS) letter a few weeks before the deadline. I went physical to one of USCIS district office to find out about my case, the lady told me that, I submitted the RIF after my case was “administratively closed” ( I am assuming, she meant I didn’t met the deadline). She further explained that it’s up the IO who handles my case to exercise his/her discretion in processing my file …… I just need your inputs. Thank you. :)

Before I make any comment,will you please tell us what was your deadline and when did you mail your RFI? When you check your case satus online what it says?
Thanks for your prompt repply.
RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

Thank you Cadel. The online notice says ……your RIF have been received and it will take 800 to 900 days to process …. And here is my time line. Asylum granted 1998 (probably the oldest one here) filed derivatives for my wife and two sons, in 1999 denied just solely because we don’t have civil authority issued Marriage Certificate. I was told to try again after getting my Green Card, I didn’t have $$$ back then to hire a lawyer and to take on INS. Anyway, I have applied for GC in 2001 for myself; here I am again lingering in unending complications. I am old, bold, cold, lonely and dying in silence….. tried of all this intrigues. :)

ddemissi said:
Thank you Cadel. The online notice says ……your RIF have been received and it will take 800 to 900 days to process …. And here is my time line. Asylum granted 1998 (probably the oldest one here) filed derivatives for my wife and two sons, in 1999 denied just solely because we don’t have civil authority issued Marriage Certificate. I was told to try again after getting my Green Card, I didn’t have $$$ back then to hire a lawyer and to take on INS. Anyway, I have applied for GC in 2001 for myself; here I am again lingering in unending complications. I am old, bold, cold, lonely and dying in silence….. tried of all this intrigues. :)

COME ON! you're kidding me!You're fine! Your RFI has been received and your case is good.Everyone who got approved had the same message as yours.Stop crying and just wait for your approval.This what I said in my previous posts.The more you listen to anyone working for uscis( even a clerk or a delivery man),the more you get wrong news that makes you feel bad.
Good luck

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

Cadel, sorry I didn't answer you question in my previous message, the deadline was November 25, I sent the stuff on December 20, 2005. The online notice updated a couple of days after that. But my LUD is keep changing…. It’s kind of confusing…. Anyway, I really appreciate if you comment about it. Thank you.

cadel said:
COME ON! you're kidding me!You're fine! Your RFI has been received and your case is good.Everyone who got approved had the same message as yours.Stop crying and just wait for your approval.This what I said in my previous posts.The more you listen to anyone working for uscis( even a clerk or a delivery man),the more you get wrong news that makes you feel bad.
Good luck
cadel what if his R.F.I. has been recieved but the officer reject it for same reasons..?

ddemissi said:
Cadel, sorry I didn't answer you question in my previous message, the deadline was November 25, I sent the stuff on December 20, 2005. The online notice updated a couple of days after that. But my LUD is keep changing…. It’s kind of confusing…. Anyway, I really appreciate if you comment about it. Thank you.

As I said,be quiet.Your case ie good since online satus says RFI has been received.LUD change is proof of good sign.That means IO is touching your file.You mya get approved soon.Nov 25-dec 20 makes 25 days delay and it's pardonable.It's not a big deal.If case was closed as they told you,online status would tell you that or you would see something wrong when you check your case online.At that stage uscis would not be able to updated your case to ....RFI has been received or LUD change...Again,wait for your approval.
Good luck
RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

jubilee said:
cadel what if his R.F.I. has been recieved but the officer reject it for same reasons..?

The delay will not be the reason for any rejection.If online says RFI has been received and LUD keeps changing,this means case is still open.There are not monsters working for uscis.There are humans working there and they understand some situation.25 days delay is pardonable.This can't be the reason of rejecting a case.Again,when case status says RFI has been received,that means RFI has been added to the file which is absolutely open.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

Jublee and Cadle you guys are wonderful and so helpful, thank you. As you said talking to these USCIS folks indeed push uninformed souls such as me into confusion, doubt etc. I will defiantly keep you updated on my case. I am sure, will hear from them soon. Thank you so much.