Administrative Review

ac_hurdle

Registered Users (C)
I got a letter from US Rep office that my case is pending for "Administrative Review". What exactly it is ?

My name check has been completed one year back, recently submitted finger prints and no RFE yet now....

When I serached in Internet...."Administrative Review" will be doing in consular processing marriage based applications, checking security or checking fraud. But mine is Employment based filed in NSC....

Do anyone hear this word "Administrative Review" ?
Does "Administrative Process" and "Administrative Review" are same ?
Is there relation between "Administrative Review", "External Review", "Additional Review" etc ?
Does it means, my security check is still pending or they are waiting to check anything else ?

Could someone please answer if you know !

Thanks

I got later after SR is for Clerical update , I don't know what is that mean . My wife got additional review...

So dont know

I got later after SR is for Clerical update , I don't know what is that mean . My wife got additional review...

So dont know

JR1,

Could you elaborate "later after SR is for Clerical update"..... I didn't get what is Clerical update.....

Thanks

I got a letter from US Rep office that my case is pending for "Administrative Review". What exactly it is ?

My name check has been completed one year back, recently submitted finger prints and no RFE yet now....

When I serached in Internet...."Administrative Review" will be doing in consular processing marriage based applications, checking security or checking fraud. But mine is Employment based filed in NSC....

Do anyone hear this word "Administrative Review" ?
Does "Administrative Process" and "Administrative Review" are same ?
Is there relation between "Administrative Review", "External Review", "Additional Review" etc ?
Does it means, my security check is still pending or they are waiting to check anything else ?

Could someone please answer if you know !

Thanks

AC_hurdle Did you find any info about administrative review. I also got a letter from my congressman about administrative review. I am sure it is related to namecheck process.

When I got the letter about Further review pending additional review and and also administrative review ( I have 5 such letters over last 5 years ) what i got out of that was that they were doing an emplyment background check.Now how long do they take in that , thats a million dollar question. SO basically it is a part of Background check

Could you explain a little further. They are checking your employment after you filed the case or employment experience for the labor certification.

So the administrative review is not related to name check??
My name check has been pending for more than six months. Six months ago they told my congressman that my case is pending background security checks. In january I asked about my case status again through the congressman and the letter I got says that my case is going through administrative review. Do you think it is related to name check or not???
Could you tell me more about your interview??
I can't seem to find any info about administrative review on the internet.
Sorry if I am asking too many questions.

Hi ZKhan,

Could you please elaborate little for me the procedure how to contact local congressman please?

Well first you need to find out who is your congressman. You need to write a letter to your congressman for an inquiry on your behalf. Someone from the congressman's office will contact you. If you do a search on this forum you will find alot details about this subject.

after my I140 approval and after my interview

How exactly you know it is related to your employment background.....Did anyone (USCIS or Congressman or local IO) specified that or you just assumed that is employment background....

On one of the the infopass's I met and "Immigration Officer" somewhere at the end of 2005 .
He told me that basically they were waiting for my earlier employment checks. I called 3 of my earlier employers in India. Luckily I was still on good terms with all of them and only one confirmed ( through my friends in Human resources) that in early 2005 which was a few months after my interview they had recieved a letter from the US embassy to confirm my employment with them starting 1993 to 1995.They had replied in the affirmative.
None of the others got any letters.
SO I am nopt just assuming , I am for most part positive.
I also asked the officer at that time this is from 15 years ago. Sometimes in India businesses close. What then?
He answered this is something that the officer in question had requested and he will make a decision based on the facts he revieves and there is nothing anyone else can do.