adjusting status I-864 AOS help!

lindakim

Registered Users (C)
I entered US on an M-1 visa. My i-94 departure card expired on March 27, 2007. I got married to a US citizen before that. I am filing for adjusting status. I am having trouble filing the i-864 affidavit of support. My husband does not meet the income

requirements (He is still a student) and has not filed for recent tax year because his income was too low and he is currently unemployed. He wrote a letter stating the reason.
He asked a friend to be a joint sponsor. However, His friend(USC) is already a petitioning sponsor for his wife and

they are going through getting his wife permanent residency as well. His wife stayed on a US visa waiver program however her stay expired. I am

aware that she could be deported since you are not allowed to stay over passed 90 days. They are going to see a US immigration official for an interview in June.

My following questions are :

1. If my husband's friend joint sponsors for me would it affect my application in any way, since they are still waiting for their approval and his wife overstayed her visa waiver program?can it affect me in any way if they get denied? or can I harm their application if I get denied.
2. What income requirement does my husband's friend(joint sponsor) have to meet? ($21,462=poverty guidline of 3

household size?) Joint sponsor is sponsoring for me and his wife. What household number would it be?
3. How does husband's friend(joint sponsor) file for taxes ?
4. Would husban'ds friend (joint sponsor) include me as a dependent in his tax forms?
5. What are my husband's friend's(joint sponsor) specific obligations and requirements? besides knowing the fact that he is financially repsonsible and takes responsiblity for any of the public benefits i get. and change of address notification What other obligations does he have?
5. If my husband meets the income requirements within the next year, can my joint sponsor relinquish his obligations from
sponsoring me?
6. Would I also need to file an I-485a supplemental form since my i-94 expired on March 27,2007?(I HOPE NOT PLEASE SAY NO) :confused: