• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Address in the US issue (forms).

Issam

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Getting back to the forms I sent to the kcc, I have left the answers of the two address questions as 'N/A'
Both 'Permanent address in the US where you intend to live' and 'Address in the US where you want your Permanent Resident Card mailed'.
As I hadn't really had an address to put, I have contacts and friends in the US but didn't address them for that issue and could've taken me time!
How vital are those addresses in qualifying me for the visa? Are they a determining factor?
PS: They do not require sponsor for candidates from my country.

Thank you.

'Permanent address in the US where you intend to live' and 'Address in the US where you want your Permanent Resident Card mailed'- an answer: "not decided yet" in the form would have been more complete

We also put n/a for permanent address, but you will need an address for the green card to be sent to. If you have friends in the US (that presumably you can trust and don't move around too often!) ask one of them if you can use their address. It won't disqualify you but I don't think they can complete the process without an address for your green card to be sent to.

No address.

Thank you SusieQQQ! Should that be asap? Would need to check/confirm with a friend. Also once confirmed, could that be simply by sending an email to the kcc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you SusieQQQ! Should that be asap? Would need to check/confirm with a friend.

No,I don't think it needs to be ASAP.

Also, I believe that if you need to, you can change the address to which the card must be sent at your POE if you need to, so you are not bound by it.

Yes but KCC can update informations, not 'in the forms' but they certainly do modify or update selectees database! There should be 'corrections'

KCC can't correct them, but you can send an updated form to go into your file. You can also bring updated DS230 to the interview if necessary - it only gets signed at the end of the interview.

Just a small matter that came to mind when reading Issam's post which I honestly overlooked in the midst of the anxiety and excitement of filling the forms in May 2012.

With regards to the permanent address I actually put my aunt's address where I normally stay whenever I visit the US but correct me if I am mistaken, I don't believe there is any law that says I can't relocate to another state once I have my Green Card and decide on where to set up a business.

Feedback on this is much appreciated :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

You can live wherever you want.... US is a free country!

Phew lol...I got worried for a second there because I put the permanent address as my aunt's which it won't be after 4-6 months because I'm planning to settle in Texas.

I guess you could say I'm also nervous about my upcoming interview and I hope I get through because I've prepared and checked and rechecked my documents over and over again.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

Just one point I forgot, if I move from the said permanent address on my DS-230 form, do I need to notify the USCIS?

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

I just read up that all non-US citizens including Green Card holders are required to notify the USCIS of any chance in address by way of filling out form AR-11.

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

Just one point I forgot, if I move from the said permanent address on my DS-230 form, do I need to notify the USCIS?

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

Yes. USCIS must always know where you are (I think until you become a citizen) - you must notify them within 10 days of changing address.

Last time I was on the phone with the kcc (speaking about being in a different country after sending the forms) they informed me that I can just send them an email with my current location! Wouldn't it be the same option to do about the address for receiving the green card? Could it be enough to just send them an email and let them know you have NOW a physical address to receive your green card?

SusieQQQ, bringing an updated DS230 form to the interview is such a very clever idea, really it would fix any issue or mistake related to filling the forms in the first time!! Thank you for bringing out such idea!! But again (sorry for repeating myself) I just hope that having no US address in the form won't cause trouble in determining the date or schedule of the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure sending them an email is fine.

If not having the address is a problem they will let you know - I think I've seen someone else post that they got an email from KCC telling them their form was incomplete (I can't remember what the issue was), and there is also a section on the 2NL where they state if any documentation is incomplete and needs to be sorted before the interview. Your file is not going to just be thrown into the bin if something is missing!! Relax!

I just read up that all non-US citizens including Green Card holders are required to notify the USCIS of any chance in address by way of filling out form AR-11.

Momo, go to bed and stop fricking out. I am sure everything will be fine for you next Wednesday.

Momo, go to bed and stop fricking out. I am sure everything will be fine for you next Wednesday.

Lol doesn't everyone freak out or get nervous before their interview?

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

Can’t I just marry someone and get a “green card ?

actually i am in india and i want to go in the us for the bussiness purpose and i have no option to setteled their so please give me the answer for this and tell me or suggest me i will be the very greatfully to you .
Can’t I just marry someone and get a “green car ?