Address change

Nebraskoid

Am thinking of moving to a different apartment in the same building. Am in the 485 stage. Lawyer says it should not be a problem since filing AR11 and calling up the 800 number should take care the issue.
However, our beloved USCIS seems to occassionally overlook trivial things such as address changes.
Has anybody had 'major' issues with changing addresses and losing notices? Any problems that might crop up due to address change? Any advise appreciated.

RD: Nov 14 02
ND: Dec 03 02

I think there shouldn't be any problem when we do the address change. i moved to a different city within the same state.

The only difference I noticed is, when I made the address change, the Online message changed to "Finger Prints received on so & so date and your case has been resumed and blah, blah..."

When I called BCIS to notify the address change after filing the AR11, they promised me that I will get a confirmation within 30 days, which I have never received.

I moved just after my RFE was sent by BCIS. I filed the AR-11 forms and called the 1-800- number. I received my 2nd FP notice at the new address. I got confirmation mails from BCIS within a month. So far there's been no problem. I hope I get my Approval notice at the new address without any problem.

One can call 800 number and change his/her address. Within 15 days you would recieve a confirmation letter from USCIS that the applicants address on file has been change. Gives you confidence.

Is it required that AR-11 should be filed ONLY after you move? Or can it be sent little in advance? Just curious..

Reson for my curiosity was that AR-11 will atleast prompt a change on online message which is stuck for more than 14 months.. hopefully!:D :confused:

AR-11

I think you are supposed to file AR-11 within 10 days of
your move (I would assume within 10 business days, anything longer than 10 days may be calendar days). Since AR-11
doesnt have an explicit start date, I believe the form should be filed after you move.
just n' fair

--
i never wanted to be an attorney, but now I think I should have been one

Please Clarify.

My 485 has been pending since Mar 2002. I am moving to a new place in the same city.

Planning to file AR -11 form.
AR-11 form has a column "I am in the United states as "
"visitor" , "student", "permanent resident" and others. Please let me know which option I should choose for this considering my criteria mentioned above

Thanks

If you have ever used your EAD, then your status may be
I-485 (AOS) pending or else it might be H1B or whatever.
Ask your attorney, if you can.
just 'n fair