Address change while PERM is in Process

amikum123

Hi,

My PERM application was filed on 05/12/2006 (not sure about the center). I am planning to relocate to a different state by this month end. Will this relocation impact my PERM application ?

Please help me if anyone has faced this before.

best regards
amit

PERM is a future of of employment. You don't need to worry as long as your employer doesn't relocate and is able to receive the communication from DOL.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply..
I just received the word from my lawyer as well. There is no issue with relocating to a different state.

best regards
amit

Does reallocation affect PERM process while working for the same employer

Hi amikum123,
I have the same situation as yours right now, my PERM is in process and I've been granted by my employer to work from home remotely, so I plan to relocate to another state other than the state my employer's main office resides. I asked the same question for my green card atterney but I was told that i would have to re-start the PERM process if i move to another state. This is controdict information I received from this forum. Could you kindly advice whether you have moved or not, did your relocation affect your PERM and other GC process?

Other comments are welcome, not sure whethere there is a change on PERM requirement with regard to relocation while working for the same employer, since this post was several months old.

You help is much appreciated.
Sincerely,
WorkfromHome

If you're not planning to return to the worksite originally documented in the PERM application, then a new labor certification application will be required. However, if the worksite included travel language, then re-locating wouldn't affect the application.

###