Adding spouse name when PD becomes current

kiran_gc

Registered Users (C)
Currently my I485 is pending and PD is not current. As soon as my PD becomes current can I include my wife who is on H1 visa in my I485. Please help.

Currently my I485 is pending and PD is not current. As soon as my PD becomes current can I include my wife who is on H1 visa in my I485. Please help.

If you marry before your I485 approval and PD is current, by then your wife can apply for her I485 as a dependent to your application suppose that she is in legal status at that time (as for example H1 in her case). The point is that you have to act very fast should PD become current because there is a chance that yours get approved at that time.

So that means if my I485 gets approved before I include her, I cannot do anything after that to add her.

So that means if my I485 gets approved before I include her, I cannot do anything after that to add her.

Keep checking Visa bulletin once your PD becomes current your wife can file derivative I-485.
If you I-485 gets approved and your wife is on valid status she CAN file I-485.Also read about 245(k) .