Action plan for name check/background delays after fingerprinting and time to intervi

rwsh

Registered Users (C)
I have read thru’ many posts re the ubiquitous issue of extended delays between fingerprinting and interview letter. Mine has now been six months (only “moderately” long) and, in a month or so, I propose to do the following in order, based on the threads I have searched.

I am not naive enough to believe that ANY of the steps below will make the slightest difference but I wondered if any other applicants had any constructive thoughts on the subject. Action steps:

1. Verify with the on-line case status that your file has not disappeared (indicative that interview letter is forthcoming though very unreliable). See https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=aRMuiRLokrx7
2. Check your Service Center Processing Times online to make sure your concerns are not unreasonable, relative to their estimated processing time (though also unreliable). See https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
3. Call FBI @ 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406 or FBI Fingerprint Status 304-625-2000 or FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) 202-324-3625. (numbers from sites/posts: that’s a lot of numbers!!! Any clarification ????)
4. Have A# and N-400 case number handy.
5. Establish that the finger-printing process was completed and filed appropriately.
6. Also see if they have any info. on the name-check status.
7. Set up an Infopass appointment to at least find out what the official USCIS position is. Phoning USCIS appears to be futile.
8. url for Infopass is http://infopass.uscis.gov/
9. Ask:
• Has the Finger-Printing been completed successfully?
• What is the status of Name/Background Check?
• What are the next steps and when?
10. Write to the relevant federal (not State) Senators and House Representatives with a request for assistance. Call their office first and ask for the immigration liaison person to establish most effective action (letter, email etc.)
11. Write to the Vice President’s office for assistance. Honorable Vice President Dick Cheney, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20500. Send priority mail, return receipt requested.

Many thanks in advance to all you guys for any advice offered. I plan to repost the action-plan with all your ideas/suggestions/comments.

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Service Center (local office): San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Check cashed
• 14th August 06: USCIS acknowledgement with application number (17 days from first application)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (only one day from acknowledgement; missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in”: (17 days from original notice)

anybody got any advice on this one ?????

anybody got any advice on this one ?????

Another question during your infopass: "Are there any other impediments to my application's processing?"

For what it's worth, I got quite a bit of assistance from Sen. Hutchison's local (Dallas) immigration aid - much more than from my congressman's. Of course at that point, my application was just about a year old, and there really wasn't anything holding it up other than USCIS incompetance (I never hit a namecheck problem).

Other than that, well, ... good luck

rwsh said:
I have read thru’ many posts re the ubiquitous issue of extended delays between fingerprinting and interview letter. Mine has now been six months (only “moderately” long) and, in a month or so, I propose to do the following in order, based on the threads I have searched.

I am not naive enough to believe that ANY of the steps below will make the slightest difference but I wondered if any other applicants had any constructive thoughts on the subject. Action steps:

1. Verify with the on-line case status that your file has not disappeared (indicative that interview letter is forthcoming though very unreliable). See https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=aRMuiRLokrx7
2. Check your Service Center Processing Times online to make sure your concerns are not unreasonable, relative to their estimated processing time (though also unreliable). See https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
3. Call FBI @ 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406 or FBI Fingerprint Status 304-625-2000 or FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) 202-324-3625. (numbers from sites/posts: that’s a lot of numbers!!! Any clarification ????)
4. Have A# and N-400 case number handy.
5. Establish that the finger-printing process was completed and filed appropriately.
6. Also see if they have any info. on the name-check status.
7. Set up an Infopass appointment to at least find out what the official USCIS position is. Phoning USCIS appears to be futile.
8. url for Infopass is http://infopass.uscis.gov/
9. Ask:
• Has the Finger-Printing been completed successfully?
• What is the status of Name/Background Check?
• What are the next steps and when?
10. Write to the relevant federal (not State) Senators and House Representatives with a request for assistance. Call their office first and ask for the immigration liaison person to establish most effective action (letter, email etc.)
11. Write to the Vice President’s office for assistance. Honorable Vice President Dick Cheney, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20500. Send priority mail, return receipt requested.

Many thanks in advance to all you guys for any advice offered. I plan to repost the action-plan with all your ideas/suggestions/comments.

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Service Center (local office): San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Check cashed
• 14th August 06: USCIS acknowledgement with application number (17 days from first application)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (only one day from acknowledgement; missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in”: (17 days from original notice)
rwsh,

The first link https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/j...id=aRMuiRLokrx7 states that you are connecting to a government computer and that you should disconnect right now..

Please Do NOT post such links which can lead to trouble.

Thanks for the comments. Just to clarify the link referred to above. It is a legitimate link. It is the log-in page for anybody seeking to check their case-status online. Indeed it does include the warning about non-authorised users but anybody who has registered for online updates is considered a legitimate user.

I do hope this addresses your concern. Thanks again for the "heads-up".

rwsh said:
Thanks for the comments. Just to clarify the link referred to above. It is a legitimate link. It is the log-in page for anybody seeking to check their case-status online. Indeed it does include the warning about non-authorised users but anybody who has registered for online updates is considered a legitimate user.

I do hope this addresses your concern. Thanks again for the "heads-up".
Thanks rwsh....

FBI Name Check Main Line

I called 202-324-3625 and was told "We don't have line that anymore sir." In contrast, I called the FBI customer service to ask about my fingerprints and was greeted by a very nice young woman who confirmed the date when it was received and sent back the same day.