Accuracy of dates in the N-400

thechoson

Registered Users (C)
Sorry guys, another question on the N-400

I've been a student for most of the past five years, so I moved around a lot, apt to apt.

I filled in the ALL the addresses I've resided at over the last 5 years accurately. However, as far as the dates, I guessed as accurately as possible, but I know they are not 100 percent accurate. I don't remember exactly what day I moved in and out of a place 5 years ago, though I have the months down correctly. Is this ok?

Also, the employment/ school for the past 5 years: Most of that time, I was a student, so no issues. I had a full time job for a year in between UG and grad schoo., which I filled in. However, WHILE I was a student, I worked some odd part times jobs here and there (pretty much flipping burgers), do I have to include this info?

Thanks!

Again, this is no legal advice... . I did not recall the exact dates either, so I just listed month/year. No problems.

Cheers!
Legal

thechoson said:

I've been a student for most of the past five years, so I moved around a lot, apt to apt.

I filled in the ALL the addresses I've resided at over the last 5 years accurately. However, as far as the dates, I guessed as accurately as possible, but I know they are not 100 percent accurate. I don't remember exactly what day I moved in and out of a place 5 years ago, though I have the months down correctly. Is this ok?

Also, the employment/ school for the past 5 years: Most of that time, I was a student, so no issues. I had a full time job for a year in between UG and grad schoo., which I filled in. However, WHILE I was a student, I worked some odd part times jobs here and there (pretty much flipping burgers), do I have to include this info?

Thanks!
You are required to fill in AR-11 (Change of Address) form each time you move.

I took my previous AR-11's and got the dates from there. However, this will work if you have faithfully filled out AR-11.

thechoson said:

Thanks!

Were you on a green card all the time during your studies? Did you pay taxes and submit w-2's to the IRS for each employment that you are listing on the N-400? If the answer to both these questions are yes, then you dont need to worry too much about the exact dates of employment.