AC21 N400 Cases - 2010

babs4life

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to start a new thread to see if anyone is in the same boat as me.

Brief GC history:
I filed I140 and 485 concurrently and changed jobs before I140 was approved (but after 180 days). I did inform USCIS about the change but do not have any proof as USCIS does not send receipt notice for AC21.
----------------------
If anyone has attended N400 interviews and availed of AC21 for their GC, please post their experiences below. Any comments or suggestions are welcome too.

N400 -- Mailed to Lewisville, TX - 01/19/10
Received date from Fedex - 01/20/10
NOA - 01/29/10
RFE LUD - 02/02/10

Thank you RealCanadian

Thanks much real canadian, appreciate your response.

When you said, you availed of AC21 twice..you did both before getting your GC approval? Just clarifying.

I had used AC21 to change jobs after 180 days of 485, but the 140 was approved. The interviewer asked about it but was not a issue.

I had used AC21 to change jobs after 180 days of 485, but the 140 was approved. The interviewer asked about it but was not a issue.

Broken Arrow,

Can you be more descriptive, I also used AC21 but I have not even thought it could been brought up in the naturalization interview.

Why did the interviewer brought it up?
did you send a letter telling them that you were using AC21 back when you were doing your GC processing?
Did you bring any papers to support your AC21 use?

Thanks a lot for your answer

Thanks Broken Arrow and Kerberos

Thanks for your responses

Broken Arrow, can you please let us know your interview experience..it would really help us.

Kerberos, please keep posting your updates if you can please. I will be updating my status so that people who used AC21 could benefit from our experiences.

N400 -- Mailed to Lewisville, TX - 01/19/10
Received date from Fedex - 01/20/10
NOA - 01/29/10
RFE LUD - 02/02/10
FP Date - 02/17/10

I used AC21 back in 2002. I had my I140 approved and I485 pending for 190 days before I switched employers (employer went under). I did not notify INS and my adjustment was approved in 2005 without any RFE. My citizenship interview is scheduled for March 30th (Chicago). Will update this post after the interview (only if approved ;) – otherwise I’ll be on a plane to Australia to pursue a very good job offer.)

I used AC21 back in 2002. I had my I140 approved and I485 pending for 190 days before I switched employers (employer went under). I did not notify INS and my adjustment was approved in 2005 without any RFE. My citizenship interview is scheduled for March 30th (Chicago). Will update this post after the interview (only if approved ;) – otherwise I’ll be on a plane to Australia to pursue a very good job offer.)

Please update us either way :)

Quick, update.
I got my citizenship today, I used AC21 when I got my greencard, but none of that was borught up during the interview, the only question remotely related was, do you still work for company x (my current company)? I left the company that I was working with when my gc was approved 2 years after gc approval. Original petitioner was a different company.

Best luck to you all

Quick, update.
I got my citizenship today, I used AC21 when I got my greencard, but none of that was borught up during the interview, the only question remotely related was, do you still work for company x (my current company)? I left the company that I was working with when my gc was approved 2 years after gc approval. Original petitioner was a different company.

Best luck to you all

Congrats!!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Interview Complete -- Recommended for Approval.

Wanted to share my experience with all, Interview is done..lasted about 5 minutes, Recommended for approval, waiting for the oath letter which at my DO takes about two months as per the IO. I had changed employer after 140 approval and more than 180 days of filing 485, nothing was asked except the question "Do you work for the current employer listed".

Wanted to share my experience with all, Interview is done..lasted about 5 minutes, Recommended for approval, waiting for the oath letter which at my DO takes about two months as per the IO. I had changed employer after 140 approval and more than 180 days of filing 485, nothing was asked except the question "Do you work for the current employer listed".

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing it with us

hi, I was working company A, my labor got approved but I joined company B. Company A continued my GC processing and filed I140, 485 etc and got it all approved and I got the GC in 2005. Now I've filed for citizenship and will be appearing for an interview soon. I dont know what they will ask and how should I respond. I hardly knew any immigration stuff five years back created all this mess. What are my options? Urgrnt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hi, I was working company A, my labor got approved but I joined company B. Company A continued my GC processing and filed I140, 485 etc and got it all approved and I got the GC in 2005. Now I've filed for citizenship and will be appearing for an interview soon. I dont know what they will ask and how should I respond. I hardly knew any immigration stuff five years back created all this mess. What are my options? Urgrnt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn’t worry.
I switched employers way before my I485 was approved. Never notified INS.
At the time of my citizenship interview I was asked if I still worked for my sponsoring employer. My answer was – No. I was then asked if I worked for my current employer. That was it. The IO didn’t bother to ask me anything else about my employment based green card.
Don’t worry, the IO only asks Yes/No questions. They won’t ask you a question where you would need to explain yourself.

Babs4life,

Congrats on your Citizenship. I am still in the same boat as you were and your interview experience is very encouraging! I was contemplating whether to even go for citizenship. Thank you so much for posting your experience.