AC21 case - interview done - was easy

jamborees

Registered Users (C)
My case is well documented here. I was worried a lot because mine was AC21 based, followed the don't tell if not asked policy regarding AC21 job change (during GC) and had also changed job after GC. God willing, everything went well yesterday at the interview. No troubles. The IO just went through the N400 and asked a few questions here and there. Regarding the job section she only asked whether I still worked with the employer I listed as my current employer. Oooh! It was a big load off my head when I realized that she was actually not going to give me trouble with that section - after all that worrying and preparation I had done on how to answer ... I still recommend that anybody in same situation as me read up experiences on this forum and prepare for the worst. After all I have read, there are few things that stand out regarding cases like mine: 1) AC21 is new (first people who got GC with AC21 are just starting to apply for USC), but there are no denials reported yet. Please read the USCIS memo I posted earlier. It will give you lot of confidence. Because AC21 is new, there are only few success stories reported, but that should not be a deterrent to apply. 2) Interviews depend on the IO, so do not assume that your interview won't be troublesome. Read on the forum as much as possible and prepare for AC21. 3) Evaluate your risk based on what you read - I think the risk of denial is minimal if you fall within the spirit of AC21.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why an AC-21 job change should have any impact on citizenship provided all the facts were known to USCIS at the time of green-card approval since that is when the validity of the case would have been evaluated. A quick job change after GC approval is likely to have much more of an impact.

DMSI actually has a point. If AC21 or whatever was a problem, why was the Green card approved in the first place? I mean I left my sponsoring employer in 2003 ( not intentional, company was doing really bad, they asked me to leave and find a new job), joined another company within 3 weeks and got my GC approval in 2004. My point is my GC would not have been aproved if this was a problem. It was not an issue with INS at that time, why would or should it be an issue now?????