ac140 a2z

gbittu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am totally exausted searching for the alias dedicated to AC140 cases but could not find one with complete information. So let me start this thread exclusively for AC140 cases. As this community is very small please share your experiences as much as you can.

Thanks
B2

tracker

My attorney has sent the papers to Delhi consulate on 6/20/2003. I am not sure when I should expect the interview and what are the success rate for accepting the applications @ New Delhi consulate.

BTW the link for checking the status of the IV at New Delhi is:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhint.html

AC140 question

Hi!
My I140 ( with AOS) option was approved in april beg 02 and I applied for I-485 im May 02 and it has been more than a year with no change. Can I use I-824 and apply for AC140. I am planning to go to india end of august till mid september. I would love to get this over around that time. Do you I can do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can I apply for ac140

Hi!
My I140 ( with AOS) option was approved in april beg 02 and I applied for I-485 im May 02 and it has been more than a year with no change. Can I use I-824 and apply for AC140. I am planning to go to india end of august till mid september. I would love to get this over around that time. Do you know if I can do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Can I apply for ac140

Hi,

You are on the risk of loosing your EAD if you are going through this change as BCIS does not allow to keep both of them together.

Originally posted by ashooash
Hi!
My I140 ( with AOS) option was approved in april beg 02 and I applied for I-485 im May 02 and it has been more than a year with no change. Can I use I-824 and apply for AC140. I am planning to go to india end of august till mid september. I would love to get this over around that time. Do you know if I can do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Confused

Thanks for replying gbittu.

I thought that AOS stopped only after the I-824 got approved. Till the time it has not been approved both AOS and consular process can happen simultaneously in case of AC I-140. I just sent the question to one of my lawyers and i think he was under the same impression. Infact I had read somewhere that eventhough (god forbid) if you get a decline , you can still travel back on your AP and withdraw the I-824, provided that it is not approved and your AOS continues. Is all this information incorrect?

Thanks

ac140

Hi,

I have filed my AC140 from Delhi on June 20 this year.

I have few queries regarding this. I will be really thankful if you can reply for the following:

* I have sent the papers around one month back and there is no response so far. Just wondering whether they directly send the packet IV or communicate by email before sending the same?

* My attorney has sent the papers (DS230 & other docs) with G28 and not sure whether thats sufficient or he should have put a seal on each and every paper going to consulate?

* I was blessed with a child in between. So do I need to inform them to include him in my application or can avoid as he is already an american citizen?

* For the medical do one need to go with empty stomach? Also do they ask for the current medication you are on? For my son the TB test came positive ( due to MMR vaccination normally given in India) but the Xray showed negative. Can you please mention how they treat this case?

Thanks a lot for such a detailed information on this forum.

Thanks
Rajnish

Re: ac140

Originally posted by gbittu
Hi,

I have filed my AC140 from Delhi on June 20 this year.

I have few queries regarding this. I will be really thankful if you can reply for the following:

* I have sent the papers around one month back and there is no response so far. Just wondering whether they directly send the packet IV or communicate by email before sending the same?

* My attorney has sent the papers (DS230 & other docs) with G28 and not sure whether thats sufficient or he should have put a seal on each and every paper going to consulate?

* I was blessed with a child in between. So do I need to inform them to include him in my application or can avoid as he is already an american citizen?

* For the medical do one need to go with empty stomach? Also do they ask for the current medication you are on? For my son the TB test came positive ( due to MMR vaccination normally given in India) but the Xray showed negative. Can you please mention how they treat this case?

Thanks a lot for such a detailed information on this forum.

Thanks
Rajnish

Wishes!

Can you please share the points your attorney made for hardship and thus opting for AC140?

thanks in advance
--harapatra

Re: ac140

Thanks
Rajnish

Congratulations on the wonderful addition to your family Rajnish!

This part of your question I can answer definitively - your child is a U.S. citizen. No need to add him to your immigrant application. As soon as you get his/her birth certificate, you can apply for a U.S. Passport.

Re: Re: ac140

Hi Zaye,

Thanks a lot for your reply. In fact I sent a mail to Delhi consulate few days back and they mentioned I need to include my new one into my application. BTW did you went through the same situation?

Thanks
Rajnish

Originally posted by Zaye
Congratulations on the wonderful addition to your family Rajnish!

This part of your question I can answer definitively - your child is a U.S. citizen. No need to add him to your immigrant application. As soon as you get his/her birth certificate, you can apply for a U.S. Passport.

Need to include all family members

Hi Zaye,

Thanks a lot for your reply. In fact I sent a mail to Delhi consulate few days back and they mentioned I need to include my new one into my application. BTW did you went through the same situation?

Thanks
Rajnish

As Rajnish has verified with the US Embassy/Consulate, the primary applicant need to include/show all its dependents on DS-230 part -1 (irrespective of the case that a dependent is a GC holder or a US citizen).

Rajnish, since your child was born after you sent packet 3 (inclusive of DS 230 part 1), you may update the new addition in your family on the new DS-230 part 1 and submit it on the day of the CP interview.

Congratulations on becoming a proud parent.

Thanks.

attorney cahnged

Hi,

I have applied my case through AC140. My company has changed the attorney since when my case was applied. Now does it matter to the consulate if some of the papers now received are from a different attorney?

Thanks
Rajnish

ac140

I am going for the AC140 interview in this month. Just wanted to clarify the following from you:

* Do we require to have attorney certified copies of I-140 and I-824 for the interview
* What originals we need to give in consulate
* Can we get copies notarized in India also
* whether Employment letter must be addressed to the embassy
* In medical do they go for TB test by injecting vaccine & X-ray

I will appreciate your response a lot.

Thanks

Documents must be notarized in USA only.
It is better to have Attorney Certified copies of all related documents - like Labor Approval, 140 Approval... Mine was stright CP case and my Attorney sent me the same.
TB test is done through Xray - they dont inject bacteria.
Employment Letter must be addressed to the Consulate.
Originals - PCC, Tax Reurns - IRS Certified, Bank Statements..

successful CP at Delhi

Hi Guys,

By Gods grace I had a successful CP in Delhi. Please send me the mail if you have any questions to ask.

Re: successful CP at Delhi

Hi Guys,

By Gods grace I had a successful CP in Delhi. Please send me the mail if you have any questions to ask.

Congrats!!

What kind of PCC did you show there? Somewhere in this forum I read that Mumbai is asking for PCC from local police station. Did they ask you about it?

thanks

Re: Re: successful CP at Delhi

Hi,

I am amazed to see in Delhi that they asked only those papers which are mentioned on the P4 packet checklist. PCC can be from the consulate. I sent the mail to consulate regarding this and they replied the same.

Originally posted by harapatra
Congrats!!

What kind of PCC did you show there? Somewhere in this forum I read that Mumbai is asking for PCC from local police station. Did they ask you about it?

PCC

looks like somebody called Mumbai COnsulate and they said that they need some doc from local police station.

Re: PCC

Hi,

My suggestion is dont go by somebody words. Its quite clearly mentioned on the checklist that we can get it from the Indian consulate instead of the local office. I resided in around five different places while in India and it would have been very difficult for me to go pillar and post for PCC from every place. I think Indian consulate provide an Umbrella certificate which covers you for all the places.

But still if you want you can send the mail to them for further confirmation.

Originally posted by harapatra
looks like somebody called Mumbai COnsulate and they said that they need some doc from local police station.

gbittu

AC140:
Many ealier postings were there with a question of what kind of hard ship to substantiate.
If it is convenient for you,can you please post an idea(If not details) like..briefly.
This particular info' is not visible in any of many earlier postings.
this will help for others to compare and take guide line for approaching their attorneys and go for this.
Because some attorneys are not for this and convincing attorney is the question here for candidate qualifying.Convincing attorney
for suitability seems rests with applicant in this situation.