AC 21 Case Approved

rambo2002CA

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

A long journey that started some time in 2000 has finally come to an end. My 485 has been approved for me and all my family members. My labour was applied for and stalled for a year or so initially by a horrendous HR Manager and then due to the number of lay offs back then. Things started moving only when the HR Manager quit. Eventually applied for I-140 based on a pre approved labour certification. I-140 was a breeze and got that within few months not knowing there was going to be a 2.5 years wait until this fine day. After 180 days of fiiling 485, used AC21 and switched to another company and did inform INS about new attorney as well as intention to switch. After a second FP, an RFE was initiated for medical, pay stubs, EVL etc. After RFE was responded, it took less than a month. Each time I sent a fax inquiry something moved. This may have been a coincidence but it worked in my case 3 times.

I have written a long email so sorry everyone but this is my day and I want to also take the opportunity to thank thousands of individuals who contribute their experiences here. Rajiv thank you so much for facilitating this and providing us a forum.

Thank you everyone and Hope you all get your dreams fulfilled soon.

Rambo :D
Case Summary
I-140 : Filed in Apr 2002 (Labor Subst)
Fax Inquiry 1: July end 2002
I-140 : Approved in Aug 2002
I-485 : Filed on 09/08/2002
Fax Inquiry 2 : Requesting second FP July 2004
2 FP done early : 08/09/04
RFE genrated : 08/17/2004
RFE resp : 09/15/2004
Fax Inquiry 3: Requesting status on RFE and adjudication
GC Approved : 10/08/2004

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
have a question on the salary. was your higher/lower/equal when you switched jobs and was this mentioned on your AC21 application. thanks

salary higher on AC21 letter and pay stubs than labor

Yes my salary is now higher by abt 30 % . The labor approval was done in 1998 and I used labor cert substitution, however the job description was so generic that any software individual role would have suited the AC21 requirmeents.My company was also very supportive.

Rambl

vrrgb said:
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
have a question on the salary. was your higher/lower/equal when you switched jobs and was this mentioned on your AC21 application. thanks