about visa appointment scheduling

kpm77

Registered Users (C)
hello,

i had a question about scheduling visa appointments online. I am currently in the US and will be going to India for my H-1 stamping. I was looking at scheduling appointments online at Mumbai consulate through www.visa-services.com

I wanted to know if it is possible to modify the date of the appointment once I have taken the appointment. Say, I take the appointment for Jan 1 and then want to modify it to Jan 15, is it possible to do so online? or do i just cancel that appointment and take a new one? This is before I have sent my documents to the mumbai consulate.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas about this.

Thanks,

kpm77 said:
hello,

i had a question about scheduling visa appointments online. I am currently in the US and will be going to India for my H-1 stamping. I was looking at scheduling appointments online at Mumbai consulate through www.visa-services.com

I wanted to know if it is possible to modify the date of the appointment once I have taken the appointment. Say, I take the appointment for Jan 1 and then want to modify it to Jan 15, is it possible to do so online? or do i just cancel that appointment and take a new one? This is before I have sent my documents to the mumbai consulate.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas about this.

Thanks,

You can cancel the apointment online, they have the option of doing that before you send the documents.
I had booked an appointment by mistake for a date. I was able to cancel it and book another one.
Check this thread for more info:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=139435

thanks and a question

iminus,

thanks so much for responding. I did see the link for cancelling appointments. When I clicked on it, it asked me for my name and a docket #. what is this docket #? is it a number that i get when I book an appointment?

also, did u go for stamping to mumbai consulate? can u share your experience if possible.

Thanks

Docket #

You can find your docket number on the confirmation page of your appointment. They suggested that you should either save that page or print it.

Hope this helps, all the best.

Arun.