• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About system multiple entries

Crash0verid3

Hi guys I've applied for DV 2025. I'm just wondering how the system can detect multiple entries would someone need ALL my personal information to sabotage my chances? would a photo have to be matching the criteria to be considered as a duplicate or any photo?

I was just thinking about it and wondering if anyone could clarify,

Thanks!

Hi guys I've applied for DV 2025. I'm just wondering how the system can detect multiple entries would someone need ALL my personal information to sabotage my chances? would a photo have to be matching the criteria to be considered as a duplicate or any photo?

I was just thinking about it and wondering if anyone could clarify,

Thanks!

A matching photo with different info would be considered a duplicate. They use sophisticated facial recognition software that flags potential matches, and then final verification by a human.

I suppose someone could sabotage your entry if they wanted to - I'm not sure what you could do about that.

A matching photo with different info would be considered a duplicate. They use sophisticated facial recognition software that flags potential matches, and then final verification by a human.

I suppose someone could sabotage your entry if they wanted to - I'm not sure what you could do about that.
Ah gotcha! And that could be any photo?

Ah gotcha! And that could be any photo?

I presume so.

There's a detailed article that someone linked to a while back about how the system works. It was a bit mysterious because it was from some Russian publication and it wasn't clear who the author was or how they knew this stuff, but it went into a lot of plausible-sounding detail about the facial recognition. If you look through my post history you'll find the link, I can't remember the name of the site, sorry.

I presume so.

There's a detailed article that someone linked to a while back about how the system works. It was a bit mysterious because it was from some Russian publication and it wasn't clear who the author was or how they knew this stuff, but it went into a lot of plausible-sounding detail about the facial recognition. If you look through my post history you'll find the link, I can't remember the name of the site, sorry.
Very Interesting, I found this from said article. So according to that it would be down to consular discretion if you are a winner.

'In the KCC, for each winner, a case (case) is set up, where the submitted documents and the results of the checks are collected. If, according to the result of checking the photos, duplicates are found in the application (the suspicion that these are duplicates exceeds a certain amount), all these suspicious applications are also included in the case, an entry is made in the case description file, and a red label is pasted on the paper folder with the personal file with an indication of the reason.

The completed file is sent to the consular section where the interview will take place. During the interview, the consul will assess all the circumstances of the case, get acquainted with the results of checking the photographs and visually compare the found suspicious questionnaires, seeing in front of him a living person, the applicant. The result will be a decision whether there was a violation of the rules, whether the applicant submitted several questionnaires. Accordingly, the consul will either approve the issuance of a visa or refuse.'