About dates simple question.

devildog

Registered Users (C)
It is a simple question. Please check out (at the bottom) my asylum application and interview dates. I just want to know if this waiting of about 11 months (our final answer or desition is still pending) is normal???????
There are somethin extra I should do???????
Thanks to everyone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
devildog said:
It is a simple question. Please check out (at the bottom) my asylum application and interview dates. I just want to know if this waiting of about 11 months (our final answer or desition is still pending) is normal???????
Thanks to everyone!!!

I heard it takes up to a year to get final approval. Another stupid thing in US immigration. I was denied during my first interview with IO, but I was approved within 4 months by Immigration Judge and it was a final decision. So I could have been waiting much longer if I received recommendation for approval from Immigration Officer than I have actually waited.

devildog
In my case it took just over a year between the recommended approval and the final approval - all in the AO. Case has never been referred to the Immigration Judge.

Are you waiting for the final approval and you have already received the "case was recommended for approval"? If this is the case then you are approved and you are just waiting for your back ground check and receiving your final approval. This sometimes takes even more than one year. If you have not received any response yet, this is not usual. Either you yourself or your lawyer on your behalf should contact the asylum office. BTW, which asylum office is that???

Answers

There are some answers of your questions to help me out:
Our interview was in Miami's Office. The last time I knew about my status was 2 months ago. The only status that I had received by mail (as a answer of a letter I wrote to USCIS, asking about) was: "Your case is still pending".
That's a surprise for me, in order taht my case is well supported even for one US Federal Agency. Any advise? A letter to any political representative could really help??

Thanks in advance

devildog said:
There are some answers of your questions to help me out:
Our interview was in Miami's Office. The last time I knew about my status was 2 months ago. The only status that I had received by mail (as a answer of a letter I wrote to USCIS, asking about) was: "Your case is still pending".
That's a surprise for me, in order taht my case is well supported even for one US Federal Agency. Any advise? A letter to any political representative could really help??

Thanks in advance

Do you have an attorney? If not, you might want to talk to one now.

devildog said:
Yes, my visa is still valid.

The reality is that some officers do not want to make negative decisions on applicants who are in valid status because that would require them to write detailed letters of denial.

Could you explain more???????????

thankful said:
The reality is that some officers do not want to make negative decisions on applicants who are in valid status because that would require them to write detailed letters of denial.

Thankful, could you explain me that more deeply?? Recomend me somebody in Orlando.
Thanks

devildog said:
Thankful, could you explain me that more deeply?? Recomend me somebody in Orlando.
Thanks

When an asylum applicant does not have a valid status (most of them do not), the USCIS either grants the case or refers to the case to the Immigration Court. When they refer the officer is required to give only a brief explanation of the basis of her negative decision.

However, when an applicant is in valid status and the officer wants to deny the case she has first to write you a detailed preliminary letter of denial explaining her decision. It takes time to compose a letter of this nature.
We have long suspected that lazy officers do not want to write such letters. So they will wait until the person's status expires (when they can just refer)--this is just our speculation based on actual case experience.

devildog said:
Thanks to everyone!!!
a friend of mine has a similar situation(the case is still pending)already a year now...Sometimes they are checking if the information you provided (what happened to you in COP) is true.Tell me if the IO asked you to submit the originals of all the documents you had at the interview? If so-that can be a reason of the delay, they will give you the answer when the results are clear,
Good luck!