About a month after interview, not a word from USCIS

jb90304

Registered Users (C)
I've applied for GC through a marriage with USC. We had our interview about a month ago and I haven't heard anything from them yet... is a month waiting time after the interview out of normal timeline? What should I do?

Hi,
A month's waiting is not unusual. The reasons for the delay in processing your application may be the large number of applications received at your ASC. As of now,there is no need to get anxious about it. IF at all you do not get any intimation after 3 months, then you can contact the USCIS and clarify.

im in the same situation like you ... i send my papers on febuary had a interview on April 27 and its a month and i didnt hear any thing from immigration i try to call 3 times they tolt me that i need to wait they preprocessing november now if my case will be approve or they need more information they will send you by mail..
let me ask you how was the interview?..

im in the same situation like you ... i send my papers on febuary had a interview on April 27 and its a month and i didnt hear any thing from immigration i try to call 3 times they tolt me that i need to wait they preprocessing november now if my case will be approve or they need more information they will send you by mail..
let me ask you how was the interview?..

I would say the interview was 'okay'. The IO was pretty rude and tried to rush everything, like as soon as my wife and I walked into his office, he made us raise our right hands and do the oath. I didn't even have time to put my bag down. He cut off our answers often. I felt like we had much prepared in terms of documents AND in our mind but the way he was rushing things, I felt like everything was just going by his tempo and his agenda alone. I felt like the way I acted brought much suspicion because I was so nervous. Also, I think he became suspicious that I didn't have the original visa and the original passport that I came into this country with like 10 years ago. I just had copies. When he asked, I told him that it was lost (which is true, my parents were handling it at the time when I was younger). He did, however, ripped out and kept my I-94 which was attached to my newly issued passport from my home country. I heard that that is a good sign because GC holders don't need an I-94 but I can hardly take that as a good sign because he ripped and took that in the beginning part of our interview after we barely talked. I think he took my I-94 because I didn't have my original visa or original passport that I came into the country with and want to check the authenticity of my I-94... and to see if it matches the copy of my visa. but.... who knows!!!

no that is not the reason they take I-94. It just a prouve to know where you coming from. They take everybody I-94 at the interview, it really doesnt mean you are approuved or denied.

no that is not the reason they take I-94. It just a prouve to know where you coming from. They take everybody I-94 at the interview, it really doesnt mean you are approuved or denied.

well, whatever the case.... waiting sucks lol

hey my story its similar to you the interview was o.k 45 min of question they IO was o.k but it looks like he was trying to rush the interview in the end
i didn't have my i-94 i told him i lost it but i have my visa and passport valid ...in the end of the interview told us thank you very much and that it he didn't say any think about answer by mail or any thing ... its been 5 week and i didn't receive any thing my lawyer told me that now we need just to wait ... i call few time the same answer allways" if we need more information or approve your case we contact you by mail" my lawyer will be at the immigration office by Wednesday to check my case... let me know if you recive any thing

hey my story its similar to you the interview was o.k 45 min of question they IO was o.k but it looks like he was trying to rush the interview in the end
i didn't have my i-94 i told him i lost it but i have my visa and passport valid ...in the end of the interview told us thank you very much and that it he didn't say any think about answer by mail or any thing ... its been 5 week and i didn't receive any thing my lawyer told me that now we need just to wait ... i call few time the same answer allways" if we need more information or approve your case we contact you by mail" my lawyer will be at the immigration office by Wednesday to check my case... let me know if you recive any thing

I think I will give 2 months from the interview and if nothing by then, I'll probably set up an INFOPASS appt.

me too i apply for adjust of status at feb 2011 its been almost 60 days ... and still nothing .. were did you had the interview?

A lot of people here are in the same boat as me.

What is crucial is if we can all mention where we went for our interviews to see if the DO is over loaded maybe.

I went to Irving, TX for my interview.

A lot of people here are in the same boat as me.

What is crucial is if we can all mention where we went for our interviews to see if the DO is over loaded maybe.

I went to Irving, TX for my interview.

Mine was at Orlando, FL

my case is in atlanta im going on my 5 th month after interview without anything. That is what they do just ignored old cases. Now i have a very good job but need green card for it.

my case is in atlanta im going on my 5 th month after interview without anything. That is what they do just ignored old cases. Now i have a very good job but need green card for it.

do you have EAD that you can use for the job?
also, you should set up an INFOPASS appointment if it has been 5 months