A TN Denial/Approval scenario

sabih

Registered Users (C)
Suppose a person is denied his TN renewal at POE say 2 weeks before his previous TN expires. That person later goes back in US on his old and valid TN and re-applies for the new TN by mailing in the application to USCIS? Would USCIS have any knowledge of his denial of the TN application at POE and would he have a chance to get away with that denial? THe reason I am asking is since I have heard stories that people who have been denied at one border and sometime get approved on another. Could some one shed some light on it?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing to "get away with".

the CBP (which is not the USCIS) does track all denials of entry, and is the reason they often ask "Have you ever been denied entry?".

Being let in on an old TN is NOT a denial of entry. However, they might note on your file that you have had a TN rejection. In any event, this would not go to USCIS.

POE-shopping, like you describe is not advised; the best thing to do is to fix whatever problem they gave (if valid) and go back to same POE, requesting to speak to a superior if not satisfied.

Also on top of that, there's a chance they might not re-admit you on your current TN if they are denying the new TN based on the same principles you got your old one.

So theoretically you could be a bit stranded if they deny your new TN and refuse to let you back in on your old TN until the problem is straighted out as mentioned...

the other way is probably better, i.e. apply by mail well advance (4 months at least), if any problem rush to a POE to fix it.

This subject is like a broken record. Over and over and over again. How many times are we going to say it....mail or email it, mail it or email it, mail it or email it.

Every time you go to a POE you risk being turned back if you have something that might be tricky.

I was a scientific technician with no tech diploma but the correct experience and academics. Also we did not have an engineer on staff. Two years ago we received an RFE with 16, yes 16, items on it. We answered all of the questions correctly and everything came through. How would you like to deal with those questions in person!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
simsd,

If you think this thread is repetitive, how about the one julysky just posted on "How do I fill I-129?"