A question about Recognized TN Professionals

dav2fox1

Registered Users (C)
I got MS statistics from US (one year program). But my bachelor is not statistics or mathematics, but engineering, am I legal to apply for TN visa as a statistician

Thanks. I checked official website, the Minimum Education Requirements and Alternative Credentials is Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree

I think you should also check the list of professions eligible for TN visa.
If your desired profession is in that list and you have degrees and experience supporting that profession then go ahead find a job, get a job offer letter and file for TN.

good luck

You will need to make the link between your courses and your job, since your degree does not match the job.

Its doable, bu tyou need to be able to highlight the math portion of your engineering degree.

but my master degree in statistics (from US, one year, ten courses) fit statistician, which is in TN job list. My question is: whether I still need my bachalor degree, which is a engineering degree, or my master degree in statistics is good enough?

Is there anyone get CS master degree but without CS bachelor degree and still get TN

Strictly speaking, your MS is irrelevant in getting TN. The courses you took are more important.

Can you use the masters courses as a basis for claiming that your Engineering degree is related? Doubtful, but I do not know for sure.

but my master degree in statistics (from US, one year, ten courses) fit statistician, which is in TN job list. My question is: whether I still need my bachalor degree, which is a engineering degree, or my master degree in statistics is good enough?

Is there anyone get CS master degree but without CS bachelor degree and still get TN

Yes, a Master degree in statistics is sufficient. They don't care about your bachelor degree as long as your master degree fits the education requirement for Statistician.

Your masters in statistics should work fine and even better if you have some experience as a statistician.
I know lots of friends who did not have bachelor degreein CS but thier masters in CS and experience letters were enrough to get TN.
good luck.