• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A new life in US

catalin80

Hello,

I am an older member of this forum and helped me and my wife a lot after we found out we won at the DV Lottery. My wife ( Andreea Seciu) actually was more active during that time. We won in Romania in 2013 and in 27 September 2014 we landed on American land, in Philadelphia. We have a friend that was in US for 10 years and he helped us a lot and he is still helping us. Because this forum helped us a lot I made a promise that I will do my best to help other after I arrive here. With that in mind we decided to start a blog where we post our experience in US as a DV Lottery Visa. We are writing only about things that we actually live or experienced. The blog is not for commercial purpose in case anyone suspect us of free publicity. For the English version you have to scroll down the page ( first is the Romanian version). If you have any question we will answer them gladly.

Thank you.

You can use this link http://anewlifeinus.blogspot.com/

This blog is funny....I like that you like that there are no street dogs and I agree that you shouldn't go shopping in your pyjamas and slippers. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank You CBDK. Well for us it was a big surprise seeing how people dress here. And there are a few more surprising facts..in the next post:)

I loved this line - got a bit of a lump in my throat actually about it:

-I learned that what I say matters, is listened and my opinion is valued;

Also, football (soccer) is surprisingly popular in the US despite it not being a "big" sport, especially in areas with lots of immigrants. I'm sure you'll find someoen to play with! Did you look on meetup.com maybe? ask at local community center?

Well I am sure that in time I will find someone to play with. I already found out about a sort of a amateur club and I will visit them soon:). Thanks for your advice.