A few questions about enter in the US under the B2 visa

silviatevini

Registered Users (C)
Last week I did the interview with the US consular officer and my B2 visa was approved for 10 years.
But I have a few questions that I forgot to ask to the consular officer: 

- When can I enter in the US? I mean, in the form DS-160 I wrote Oct 17, 2011 as the intended date of arrival; however, can I enter in the US before or later that day? For example can I enter in Sept or Nov?

- Do I have to fill the ESTA authorization? 

- When I'll be at the airport, which documents do I need to bring and show? Or all I need is only my passport? 

- I plan to visit the Bahamas when I'll be in Miami. Can I go over there for a weekend (cruise to bahamas for 2/3 days) and then come back in the US and continue my vacation?

- At the end of the interview the US consular officer told me that I can stay no longer than 180 days per year. I plan to stay 5 and 1/2 months, then I'll return home. But if I want to return in the US in the future, how long I have to wait? 6 months?

- In the future if I want to go again in the US for less than 90 days, do I have to enter in the US under the Visa Waiver Program (and fill out the ESTA) or can I use my B2 visa (and not travel under the Visa Waiver Program)?

Thanks a lot for any of your answers.

- When can I enter in the US? I mean, in the form DS-160 I wrote Oct 17, 2011 as the intended date of arrival; however, can I enter in the US before or later that day? For example can I enter in Sept or Nov? You can enter any time in the period of visa validity.

- Do I have to fill the ESTA authorization? 
No

- When I'll be at the airport, which documents do I need to bring and show? Or all I need is only my passport? 
Just passport with the US visa on it.

- I plan to visit the Bahamas when I'll be in Miami. Can I go over there for a weekend (cruise to bahamas for 2/3 days) and then come back in the US and continue my vacation?
 Yes

- At the end of the interview the US consular officer told me that I can stay no longer than 180 days per year. I plan to stay 5 and 1/2 months, then I'll return home. But if I want to return in the US in the future, how long I have to wait? 6 months?
You can enter any time. Immigration officials will decide how for long you will be admitted. You should be just visiting US not living here.

- In the future if I want to go again in the US for less than 90 days, do I have to enter in the US under the Visa Waiver Program (and fill out the ESTA) or can I use my B2 visa (and not travel under the Visa Waiver Program)? You can use B2 visa, ESTA is not necessary.

A genuine visitor should never spend more than 6 months in the US during any rolling 12 month window. Use that as a guideline for your visits to the US.