A 1997 case finally approved!

Hayyoot

Registered Users (C)
PD: June 4th 1997
RD: August 1997
Reason why PD and RD are that close: I am a PT, no Labor certification is required
1st FP: submitted with the application
2nd FP: July 99
Senator Contacted: January 2000, they only saved me the phone calls, they followed up with the immigration
RFE: Feb 2000: they asked for Photos, support letter (from employer or bank)
File Transferred to Boston office: May 2000
File Transferred to Manchester NH office: June 2000
Interview Scheduled for: January 2001
3rd FP: December 2000
Interview went okay, but, they said that the FP results were not ready.
Received the approval letter on Feb 1st (date of approval Jan 25 2001)
Passport stamped February 2nd 2001

MY FEELING? I AM VERY ANGRY, THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ALL THAT HUMILIATION AND DELAYS, THE USA HAS GAINED AN ENEMY OUT OF ME!!! I am surrendering that stupid green card and going to Canada that I am a permanent resident of!

No Title

While your frustration is understandable, hope it helps you to know that there are people still waiting for the I-485 approval even though they started their processing long before you did. I am also an example. My PD was March 1996 and I got 2 RFEs(1st for Paycheck/W2 and 2nd for I-140 redo) and the case was finally approved in Nov 2000. I saw so many of my friends getting their approvals even though they had filed their cases lonag after I did.
While I can always burn my brain cells over the delay, the pragmatic way is to pick up the pieces and move on for better future(hopefully). I am not trying to be sarcastic..just trying to ease up your pain/ frustration.

No Title

Congrats! Certainly understand your feeling. Immigrating to this country is rough most of the time.

No Title

Congrats Dear Hayyoot. I totally agree with Sinha. I do not know about your situation but did Canadian immigration offficer know that you had applied for US green card. If they did (say, by seeing advance parole stamp on your passport) did they give you any grief. The reason I am asking you is I also happen to be Canadian PR and have applied for US green Card. Finally, did INS have any problem with your being a Canadian PR and applying for US green card.

No Title

Dear Imran Khan:
The story of Canada and teh US immigration is long, to make it short, here are the details:
I have two nationalities, I use one passport for the US, and the other for Canada, Canada knows that I have two nationalities, and they knew that I have applied for the US immigration, but, they don\'t see any stamps since I use a separate passport for them, teh US don\'t know anything about Canada, and they have no idea that I have dual citezenships, my understanding is: The US doesn\'t mind duality of permanent residencies, as long as you comply with their laws, but, Canada\'s law states clearly that duality of permanent residencies between teh US and Canada is not allowed.
Well, to tell you the truth, I am still angry at the INS, if I ever found an INS officer/ worker/ supporter bleeding in the street, I will sure leave him/ her to die, THIS IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!! thanks for your support though