90 day confusion - past 5 yrs help

vik3000

Registered Users (C)
hi,

i am applying 90 calendar days before my five yrs as Permanent residence. In Part 7, they ask for trips in past five yrs...what past 5 yrs are they referring to? the past 5 yrs since when i am filing NOW, or the past 5 yrs since I became PR.

The reason being I took a trip before I became PR but not after i became a PR.....

Bottom line question is when filling out n-400, all past 5 yr questions refer to right now, or 90 days from now???

pls help

hi,

i am applying 90 calendar days before my five yrs as Permanent residence. In Part 7, they ask for trips in past five yrs...what past 5 yrs are they referring to? the past 5 yrs since when i am filing NOW, or the past 5 yrs since I became PR.

The reason being I took a trip before I became PR but not after i became a PR.....

Bottom line question is when filling out n-400, all past 5 yr questions refer to right now, or 90 days from now???

pls help

Since you're filing based on 90 days earlier, to be in the safe side, if you had any trips during the 5 years from the filing date, they should be listed.

They're asking about the 5 years counting backwards from the filing date (but not including the trips before you were a permanent resident).

these one question that asks for all the trips after PR...i have none. but i have a trip 5 yrs from the filing date.....since filing is 90 days before....so I am assuming I do not specify that trip for that question.

Yes, like I said before, do not list trips taken or count days of absences before you were a permanent resident, even if the pre-GC trip falls within the 5-year window.