7th year extension denied.

7thyeardenied

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
My 7th year extension got denied because the pending labor (365 days old from previous employer) got closed. It was open at the time of application. Inspite of following up my employer delayed applying for extension until 3 days before 6 years came to an end. Then they received an RFE to which they replied after 2.5 months.
I however have an approved labor thru PERM from the same employer, but the I140 application is not yet in.
They are appealing against the decision but the company lawyer says that i cannot work any more (240 day limit).
Is their any chance of the appeal succeeding ? Also how long does it normally take ?
Is their any way that this employer can he held liable for financial loss ?
I have saved all email exchanges with then regarding the extension.

Is extension with same employer got denied?

1.Which service center is it?
2. Did you apply for H1B transfer during 7th year OR It is just 7th year extension with same current employer?
3.I am also same situation. Appreciate if you could answer above questions

7thyeardenied said:
Hi gurus,
My 7th year extension got denied because the pending labor (365 days old from previous employer) got closed. It was open at the time of application. Inspite of following up my employer delayed applying for extension until 3 days before 6 years came to an end. Then they received an RFE to which they replied after 2.5 months.
I however have an approved labor thru PERM from the same employer, but the I140 application is not yet in.
They are appealing against the decision but the company lawyer says that i cannot work any more (240 day limit).
Is their any chance of the appeal succeeding ? Also how long does it normally take ?
Is their any way that this employer can he held liable for financial loss ?
I have saved all email exchanges with then regarding the extension.

Why dont you upgrade your application for premium processing. It will cost you $1000, but will have peace and u might not lose days out of work as suggested by your attorney.

wallstreetguy said:
1.Which service center is it?
2. Did you apply for H1B transfer during 7th year OR It is just 7th year extension with same current employer?
3.I am also same situation. Appreciate if you could answer above questions

7th year extension is with the same employer. But pending labor is from my previous employer.

Saurav_4096 said:
Why dont you upgrade your application for premium processing. It will cost you $1000, but will have peace and u might not lose days out of work as suggested by your attorney.

The I140 application is still not in and even if it is done in premium, I still have to be with no work for sometime. Also their is no guarantee that it will get approved.