7 Months and still waiting after FP

murmur

Registered Users (C)
I have not posted for a while here. It looks like I am among a few remaining old timers now. I have had 2 info passes so far and I got the same answer both times i.e. name check pending.

PD: 6/12/06
FP: 7/6/06
IL: waiting and waiting and waiting..

You are NOT alone....We are still here waiting...quiet waiting....

Adina

PD 05/04/06
FP 06/16/06
ID ????

Here is another one:

FP July 2005
Interview August 2005
Second FP November 2006
Infopass too many to list here, always the same answer "Name check/background check is not done"

I disagree with you

murmur said:
I have not posted for a while here. It looks like I am among a few remaining old timers now. I have had 2 info passes so far and I got the same answer both times i.e. name check pending.

I don't think anybody's case is moving. If one didn't recieve interview letter within the 6 weeks after finger printing, he/she should expect to wait forever.

I have yet to see anybody who is stuck on name check got his case going without a lawsuit. USCIS is working on just those cases that are before judges. Otherwise all the folders of ours are sitting on a shelf for indefinite time or until we sue them.

Last time I check person is innocent until it is proven guilty. Unfortunetly we are being treated like criminals for something we have no control over.

So frustrating.........

murmur said:

You are definitely not one of the few. You are actually one of the majority. I know several people with priority dates in April/May 2006 are still waiting for interview calls. Hang tight. You will eventually get it.

BTW, my priority date is 19 days before yours and I got my interview letter less than 2 weeks ago.

Also waiting...

PD: April 6, 06
FP: May 6, 06
Interview letter: waiting.

Since we have not had interview, can we still file a law suit against USCIS? The law sets a time limit of 120 dya after the interview, but does not set any limitationf for anything else. What can we do?

Thanks,

mimicell said:
PD: April 6, 06
FP: May 6, 06
Interview letter: waiting.

Since we have not had interview, can we still file a law suit against USCIS? The law sets a time limit of 120 dya after the interview, but does not set any limitationf for anything else. What can we do?

Thanks,
You can try to file law suit if you want but the case is very unlikely to stay. Your best bet is probably trying to contact local congress man. But before that, call the National Service Center at 800-375-5283 and then take an Infopass. The main objective will be to find out whether or not your name check has been completed. If the name check is pending there is nothing you can do really.

Somewhere in the 2 or 3 year post PD range, you can probably file a writ of Mandamus (sp?) to try to force the USCIS to make a decision.

Other than that, there isn't much you can do if your name is in name check, it seems.

I am with the club, I am having a lawyer come down with me to the district office in chicago after I have been waiting atleast 6 months..so probably April.

Let's see what comes out of it.

Joining the Club

Below is my time line:

10-13-06: Priority Date
10-25-06: FBI Name Check Initiated
10-31-06: Finger Printing
01-08-07: Infopass # 1 - FBI Name Check Pending
01-10-07: Sent FOIPA
02-07-07: Received FOIPA (with NO RECORD)
??-??-??: Waiting for IL
??-??-??: Interview Date

Joining this group

Below is my time line:

10-12-06: Priority Date
10-27-06: Finger Prints taken
02-13-07: Infopass # 1 - FBI Name Check Pending

mimo_yyy said:
Below is my time line:

10-13-06: Priority Date
10-25-06: FBI Name Check Initiated
10-31-06: Finger Printing
01-08-07: Infopass # 1 - FBI Name Check Pending
01-10-07: Sent FOIPA
02-07-07: Received FOIPA (with NO RECORD)
Your FP were NOT taken 7 months ago...I was wondering why you posted to this group?