6 Welcome Letters?

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
TSC is unbelievable. I've gotten 6 Welcome Letters in the mail (form I-181) since Friday. They all say the same thing. My wife also got 5 notices. (11 total so far for the 2 of us)

I feel very Welcome :D :D I almost feel like its a waste of paper at this point.

Is this normal? I have a stack of them now. Anybody want one?

Hi Curiosgeorge,

Looks like they making up for all the pain they caused u !!!.

Cheers

Tanjar

I've been waiting for the FP request and opening my mail box empty handed everyday. I think TSC should send the FP request to all of us instead of wasting the paper as you said.

I got about same number for two of us. I felt the same they wanted to welcome and make sure we don't feel bad :D :D :D

Shahid568

HTML:
                     TSC OFFICIAL MAIL DEPT

Just Doing My Job
                                          _         \ /
 |   _ _|_   __  _        __ o _|_ _    _|_ _  __    Y  _
 |__(/_ |_   |||(/_   \^/ |  |  |_(/_    | (_) |     | (_)|_|

,-~~-.___.
                  / |  '     \
                 (  )         0
                  \_/-, ,----'
                     ====           //
                    /  \-'~;    /~~~(O)
                   /  __/~|   /       |
                 =(  _____| (_________|

Hey, George, why do you complain? When they approved my wife and my cases back 6 months ago, we did not receive a single welcome letter! Now I really believe that they felt sorry for me then sent all of our letters to your place :) . Just enjoy these 11 letters and read every letter very very carefully, with appreciation! Have not been in this great forum for a while, please accept my late congratulation! You are free man now!

This is very funny

I couldn't help reading all your post again and again. Maybe it is the holiday spiriture from USCIS..... :D

Again, this is not fair!!!!!

We (4 of us) didn't get even a single welcome letter :confused: :eek: , this is not fair TSC. I shall appreciate if could forward us 4 (one for each of us) out of eleven.

Thanks,

This is so interesting. I must say that TSC is really smart. They know we had gone through a lot of pain for that long wait, they know they have flaws in their systems which approving concurrent filers way before a lot of our 01/02 noncurrent filers. They won't change that because that just involves too much work. So, as a compensation, they just send you 11 letters. Comparing overhauling their systems, this is much easier. :D

curiousGeorge said:
TSC is unbelievable. I've gotten 6 Welcome Letters in the mail (form I-181) since Friday. They all say the same thing. My wife also got 5 notices. (11 total so far for the 2 of us)

I feel very Welcome :D :D I almost feel like its a waste of paper at this point.

Is this normal? I have a stack of them now. Anybody want one?

Hello George, I was lurking the TSC site today. Congrats on your approval.
Looks like USCIS is trying its best to butter you up after the dealy that you were made to go thru.
Best wishes & happy holidays.

whats a welcome letter?

is it the card. i got the card but no welcome letter. thanks.

Thanks goastros, nice to see you're still around!

tmc,
Its a 8 1/2 x 11 letter written on the same USCIS paper that we get all the other correspondences from them (you know the light green papers with the statue of liberty embossed on the background)

I'm definitely not complaining. I know that not everyone gets even 1 welcome letter and for some reason others do, but makes no sense to get 6 either.

But it sure shows how inefficient USCIS can be. People always say that immigration costs the taxpayers too much money. Yet, if USCIS only eliminated all the duplicate (and triplicate and quadruplicate for that matter) efforts that they do, they could save tons of money for the taxpayers. (Multiple welcome letters, multiple FP notices, multiple EADs, multiple APs, just to name a few)

Good to see your approval.

As for those welcome letters, it has been so for quite sometime now. My wife and I received half a dozen as well. Makeup for lost time, undue delays or just plain old 'things gone wrong' syndrome ..... makes you "FEEL" welcomed.

Happy holidays!!

Man...We are now curious....

We also did not received any welcome letters but we got our cards in prompt.

Anyhow Congrats for all the tons of Welcome Letters for you.

BaSh

cplusplus: here is a transcript of the letter

Receipt number: (Not the same as my I-485 number)
Receipt Date: July 27, 2004 (same as my TD)
Priority Date: [BLANK]
Notice Date: December 10, 2004
Page: 1 of 1
Case Type: I-181 Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Resident
Applicant: (My A#, and my name)

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

Your new permanent resident status has been registered. At the top of this notice you will see a very important number. That is your INS A# (A-number). It is your permanent resident account and file number. This permanent account number is very important to you. You will need it whenever you contact us.

We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks. You can use it to show your new status. When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all times if you are 18 or older. It is the law.

Please call us at (800) 375-5283 if any of the information about you shown above is incorrect, if you move before you receive your card, or if you don’t receive your card within the next 3 weeks. If you call us, please have you’re A# and also the receipt number shown above available. The receipt number is a tracking number for your application.

Please read the notice that comes with your card. It will have important information about your card, about your status responsibilities, and about your permanent resident services available to you.

Your new card will expire in ten years. While card expiration will not directly affect your status, you will need to apply to renew your card several months before it expires. When the time comes and you need filing information, or an application, or if you have other questions about permanent resident services available to you, just call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or visit the INS website at www.bcis.gov. (If you are hearing impaired, the NCSC’s TDD number is 1-800-767-1833.) The best days to call the NCSC are Tuesday through Friday.

Once again, welcome to the United States and congratulations on your permanent resident status.

THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA NOR MAY IT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

Please see additional information on the back. You will be notified separately about any other cases you filed.
IMMIGRATION & NATRALIZATION SERVICE
TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
P O BOX 851488 – DEPT A
MESQUITE TX 75185-1588
Customer Service Telephone: (800) 375-5283

thank you! curiousGeorge

even i got the plastic card early this year, without "welcome letter", well! i believed that maybe i was not welcomed by tsc :eek: , and i am still curiously what it looks like, because in my life i only have one oppertunity to get this leter ...

finally i got my "welcome letter" today, from tsc - curiousGeorge branch, NOT tsc directly :p

thank curiousGeorge agian, i believe this letter is the final part of my gc journey, i am happy because i am completely done now :D

good luck to you and your family in new life in the states :) :) :)

no mail for me, thank you very much.

Congrats C_George:
personally i will be very happy if I never ever receive anything from TSC ever again. (got approved early this year, after an excrutiating many many years journey, don't even want to recall the number of anxious filled years, might need a shrink for therapy)

thanks for posting the transcript though, i'll print it out and frame it.

original_007 . i can not agree more...i wish my GC day becomes true without any letter...believe me , i will be happy too...