5 yrs exp for Sr prog analyst

nycgc

i am trying to file under LC under EB2 with BS+5yrs exp for a Sr programmer analyst. Is 5 yrs too much of an required exp for Sr Programmer Analyst ? or is it enough ?pls advise

You\'re going to have to look up the SVP to be certain

If there is even one person in the company with this job title that does not have a BS +5 years experience it should be denied. It may not be, but it should. BTW, you may get it by Labor Certification only to be denied at the I-140 level.

Good luck.

Jim
(formerly Jim M)
732-644-5702

How about you apply as Software Engineer or Sr. Software Engineer title ?

And your company also has people with that kind of experience (BS + 5 Years) workig in that capacity ?

Correct!

The requirements listed on the LC must be the minimum required for the position. These requirements must also be in line with the industry standard requirements. The person also must have met all of the requirements when they began working in the position (that\'s why using experience with the current employer is risky).

Hope this helps.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

EB2 vs EB3

I had the same question for my attorney. the reply I got (which makes a lot of sense) is that it not not whether you have a master\'s degree or a bachelors degree + 5 years exp which matters. What matters is that the Job should require a Masters degree. If that is not the case then your whole application becomes bogus. And the way priority dates are EB2 and EB3 do not matter much in terms of processing times as they bot are current. Good Luck!

Please let me know

If I have exp of 5 years with BS degree and my title is Software engineer,will my application qualify under EB2.But in my LC application,the no of years of exp required for the job is mentioned as 3 years.But my title is Software Engineer.
So,will it be certified under EB2.

Please reply

The position described on LC is Sofware Engineer with 80k salary which falls under EB2 category.But in the min requirements section in LC application,they have just specified 3 yrs and related occupation they specified Sofware engineering/programming.They didnt specify degree req also.It is filed under EB2 RIR.
My question is whether they will certify it under EB2.
If the DOL feels that it wont qualify for EB2 ,will they certify it under EB3 or completely reject it.

Input: for EB2, BS+5 Years of experience needed

prasad, as a very popular awareness, you need atleast BS+5yrs Experience to qualify for EB2/RIR and at the same time as Jim has stated that Job Definition plus the Staffing structure of your company are one of the key factors to determine your case as EB3/RIR or EB2/RIR class.
    You must talk to your company attorney OR with your HR officer that what were the Determinig Criterias they followed while filling you LC in EB2/RIR class. Eventhough you have BS+3yrs experience.
They must be having some specific reasons!
    If RIR rejected as far as I know, DOL would reverse back your case in Non-RIR category in EB2.

All the Best!

Jim and NRS,Thanks.But I have BS+5years

I have BS + 5 years of exp.And the title they have filed my LC is Software engineer and the requied exp section in my LC application states 3+ years of exp.Since the job minimum req exp states as 3 years instead of 5 years.That is why I am concerned about.

Everyone says that job requirement should state that it requires BS+ 5years exp.Please clarify.
Thanks for your help.

Clarification

You LC was filed as an EB-3. Your qualifications are NOT RELEVANT as long as the exceed the minimum qualifications stated on the LC.

You case will be processed as an EB-3.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702