485 still pending after interview at newark

GC_Not_Yet

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I had my interview at Newark office on 10/31/2006 and the officer told me that
Everything looks good except that Priority date is not current so can not approve my case. (My case: EB2 India PD: Aug 22 2002 “current as of today”). My question is: My Finger prints are going to expire soon (few days from now); if I give my second round of finger prints do I have to go through the whole process of FBI name check etc aging before they can approve my case ?? Any idea?? :confused: :confused:

No, the finger print will not trigger another name check; it's a totally different process. Actually, even if it did, you wouldn't have other choices, because w/o a current finger print, they can't approve your case no matter what.

GC_Not_Yet said:
Hi All

I had my interview at Newark office on 10/31/2006 and the officer told me that
Everything looks good except that Priority date is not current so can not approve my case. (My case: EB2 India PD: Aug 22 2002 “current as of today”). My question is: My Finger prints are going to expire soon (few days from now); if I give my second round of finger prints do I have to go through the whole process of FBI name check etc aging before they can approve my case ?? Any idea?? :confused: :confused:

When you PD is current how can it be not current? does not make sense. June 2003 is going on I believe for INdia EB-2. DID YOU TELL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER ABOUT YOUR DATE BECAME CURRENT? wEIRD....

Hi madgu-gc2005
I had interview on 10/31/06, my PD is Aug 22 02. so the officer is right
my PD is current as of 11/01/06 (one day short , Even officer mentioned that , I’m unlucky person but told me that she'll approve with in a week ,which I haven’t received yet (great news is , 3 weeks passed now and my finger prints expired ,what a F**K UP ) ).I guess, I have to wait for my second finger prints notice and go through whole process of Name check and Sh** .. What a Process!! , Feels Great waiting for unknown “Time” and I no longer feel unlucky/lucky since I’m sick of this drama. It’s no longer going to be an excitement to receive GC . :cool: :cool:

PD July2002(will be current Dec 2006)
RD Jan 2003
EB3 worldwide
Name check pending since March 2003 and is still pending as of Nov 2006 thru senator inq
so no hope even after a long wait

******485 Approved: Approval date MAR 20th *******

Received Approval letter from Newark Office Yesterday.
Stating that my case was approved and Card will be mailed with in 3-to 6 months
If want to travel in the mean time I can get stamped on my Passport by Info pass Appointment with Approval letter.
Thanks for the all the Support and help I really appreciate people here and
I visit this site now and then, especially when I feel depressed about green card.

Thanks again for the all the support and keep posting your experience it helps a lot for other guys to follow!!
BTW: Waiting for my Wife’s Approval stuck in the Name check.
Note : if you get the Second or third Finger Print Notice and if your PD Is current name check done it the INDACATION that GC is on the way !!