485 sent to SFO for Interview - Need Help

Ali4U

Registered Users (C)
Hi.. you might be able to give me some pointers on this. On 4/26/04 my 485 Application was sent from BCIS to local SFO office to shcedule an interview. I am certain that BCIS has not sent SFO my updated address (i get to that in a bit). I have send SFO via letter my new address, however, the way things work with immigration offices, you never know what will happen regarding my address update.

What do you suggest i do to make sure my address is updated so that I will eventually receive my interview notice. Also, do you know how long it takes to book an interview in the San Francisco office?

WAC-02-059-

Now regarding my EAD (3rd one). I applied online and EAD was approved on 4/18. I moved on 4/1 and sent an AR-11 and called by 4/10 to let BCIS know of my new address. Well.. suprise, EAD was sent to previous address and was returned to BCIS. Called BCIS over a month ago, and they updated my address and said i should get the EAD in 1 month, if i don't, i should call them back. Well.. I called them back after one month, and they asked for my address and said i should get it in 1 month (AGAIN), if not call them back again. It's just frustrating.

What can i do to get my EAD card? My card is expired as of last month, and I'm very worried about it.

Any help, suggestion, reference would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all.

You have to go early in the morning to INS office - (take a good jacket and gloves with you - dont underestimate even summer in SFO) and then get a ticket and wait in line for hours before you are called. Then ask that officer to check your mailing address. Then give your AR11 or any other letter he asks you to fill if your address is still not correct. This is the only way to make sure they have your correct address. It took me almost 4 months to get it fixed. I lost my EAD in the same way. THen I had to apply for a new one. but anothe rcatch. They might not issue a new one when an already existing EAD is still valid as per their records. So then they ask you to fill lost card rather than a new application. but thats a different story. for now, pls go to SO INS and get it fixed.

Also, reg. the timeline. My case got xferred to SFO INS on Dec 10, 2003. My Receipt is WAC02XXXXXXXX. Its been more than six months and I still dont see the light at the end of tunnel. If you want we can keep each other updated on this. My mail id is balaji_gadi@hotmail.com

hmmm

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know if I can go and get an interim EAD until they figure out where to send my actual EAD?

thanks

Interim EADs are issued ONLY WHEN THE EAD IS STILL IN PENDING STATUS whether at CSC or at local office after getting transferred. If it ever got approved, but you never received one, you stand no chance of getting interim. You better apply EAD online rightaway. Your receipt notice would be today itself and in the next 90 days you can get an interim EAD.

bgadicha said:
Interim EADs are issued ONLY WHEN THE EAD IS STILL IN PENDING STATUS whether at CSC or at local office after getting transferred. If it ever got approved, but you never received one, you stand no chance of getting interim. You better apply EAD online rightaway. Your receipt notice would be today itself and in the next 90 days you can get an interim EAD.

You mean I should apply a new EAD? I have no problems with spending another $120, but do you think their Systems are so screwed up that they won't notice the applicant (myself) was approved an EAD 2 months ago? This is really nuts..

I appreciate you help very much.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. But I am 100% sure. no doubt in it. If the case is approved and you never received your EAD, there is no way you get a duplicate. They will say they sent it to the address in the application and thats it. You have to apply again. I did that just very recently. You better go to SFO and ask for interim, but its very unlikely that they would oblige. I know how frustrating it is.

My case is Transfered to SFo 6/22/04

My case is transfered to SFO yesterday.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 22, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283.

I am really tired of this processing. I have no idea how long it takes to get the interview. Though SFO office says the processing time is Nov-03.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
wac-02-240-*****

ND/RD July 24, 2002
PD: Jan 1998

Lakshmi2000 said:
My case is transfered to SFO yesterday.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 22, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283.

I am really tired of this processing. I have no idea how long it takes to get the interview. Though SFO office says the processing time is Nov-03.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
wac-02-240-*****

ND/RD July 24, 2002
PD: Jan 1998

I heard it takes upto 10 months.

Lakshmi:
That Nov 03 date has got nothing to do with transfer cases. That date is for those whose case was filed at the local office. My case also got transferred in Dec 03. Till now no interview letter. As Ali said it takes 10 months. But the tragedy is you cannot see the progress being made on your case anywhere online. So its like your file entered a blackhole!Dont worry there are lot of people (like me) in the same state as yours. Will let u know when I get my interview call.

bgadicha said:
Lakshmi:
That Nov 03 date has got nothing to do with transfer cases. That date is for those whose case was filed at the local office. My case also got transferred in Dec 03. Till now no interview letter. As Ali said it takes 10 months. But the tragedy is you cannot see the progress being made on your case anywhere online. So its like your file entered a blackhole!Dont worry there are lot of people (like me) in the same state as yours. Will let u know when I get my interview call.
Did you notice someone transferred in March 2004 just got the interview letter. I am confused, don't they go with some kind of order, like transfer data or original filing date?

there is some order - we just cannot make out what it is. For ex., they may be transfer cases from other Service centers, or transfer cases without any jobchanges or without any out-of-status in their whole life or EB1 or who knows what. But i'm sure there is a reason for everything its just that there are too many parameters out there to figure out whats happening until you know exactly all the details of that March 2004 guy.

Same here case transfered to SFO on Dec19 2003

Please keep updating any new information on the SFO INS office for those who had their case transfer. thx
I started to like this forum.. learned so much new information from it.

I140 - WAC03007xxxxx I485 - WAC03007xxxxx
RD: 10/7/2002
ND: 10/9/2002
1st FP Done: 11/2002
My I140 was denial, meaning need new process again appealed and got approved and received another receipt number for my I485

New I485 - WAC0319xxxxxx
RD: 6/20/2003
ND:6/23/2003

Case transfer to SFO office on 12/19/2003.. and now I am still waiting.

Well, my case was transferred to SFO Servive Center to conduct an interview. The transfer date is 4/23/04. Since i moved since then, I took a short trip to SF this morning. After waiting for 3 hours, it was finally my turn. I asked the officer to change my address to my new one. I went on to explain since my case is transferred, I could not change the address by calling the 800 number. She tried to pull up my file, and there was nothing in her computer. She said that eventhough my case is transferred, it's sitting in a box and eating dust. My case has not even been opened and scanned. I asked her how long it takes to schedule an interview, and she said we are not even looking at new applications (SPECIALLY TRANSFERS) at the moment as we are processing our locally flied applications that are backlogged.

Anyhow, she couldn't change my address, however, she did give me a form to fill out and mail. She said come back in November (by then she thinks my application will at least be on file) to double check my address is changed correctly.

This is depressing.

thanks and good luck.

This is absolutely not right!!!
Are we new cases? I mean 2-3 years new?
Don't they have any sympathy on people who have waiting for 2-3 years
on I-485, if we can have I-485 pending for ever, that is okay.
We do have one friend on the forum got transferred in March and interviewed,
well, I am so so confused!!!

So what is the Nov 30, 2003 means on the website

My processing date is Jan 1998. So, do they expect me to wait another 2 years in SFO ?

I think we start some action about it or start getting to gether to write some letter through congress man.

Do they work at SFO ?

abc01

I'm not really sure what's right any more.. that's what i was told yesterday. In my case, 3 months after transfer to SF, and my application is not even in their computer. I don't know how some people get their interview so fast, and others (like me) have to wait upto 1 year (at least thats what it looks like).

I've been a long timer as well (wac-02-059-xxxx)

it sucks.