485 RFE Employment verification letter - Please respond

maine76

Registered Users (C)
Here is my RFE

you must submit a currently dated letter from your intended permanent employer, describing your present job duties and position in the rganization, your proffered position(if different from your current one), the date you began employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be in the original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. The letter should indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition(or labor certification) continue to exist.

I work for a fortune 5 company on EAD, The EVL I got from my employer is basically a print out with the Company logo on it and the signature in blue, I talked to my manager and he mentioned that they have an electronic document with the company logo and this is what is used for all communications.

my question is would this be acceptable by INS, since they have mentioned in the RFE that the letter should be in original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment

guys I need your help, please respond ASAP.

Might be completetly off here.

I might be completely off here. But if you print it off on a color printer and submit I guess u should be good.

Good Luck. Hoochie.

I think it is better to prepare the letter after consulting with your attorney

I hope you are in AC21 right? Please call murthy and give copy of the LC, 140 etc and ask them to prepare a letter and get it signed from Your HR.

485 RFE Employment verification letter

maine76,

If you ar working for a big company, then it is advisable to go through your HR and legal departments. As both of them know your legal status when they hired you, they will be able to issue a suitable letter based on your current employment.

If you do otherwise and USCIS asks for any more information or does the verification, you are likely to be in trouble.

This is based on my experience with other people and hence cannot be construed as legal advise.

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1

Thanks to you all, the employment verification letter that I will be getting from my company is a color print out that has company logo and details of my employment from a color printer and signed by my hiring manager.

The company does not use printed letterheads, similarly paystubs, it's all online and electronic.

so Is the signed color printout acceptable by INS?

for example, I had sent docs to invite my parents on visitor visa, even then our company HR gave me a signed color printout.

They have a company logo template, that they put to a word document, type the subject, print it, sign it and did fedex it to me.

Sail1, I work for a big company, the company HR knows my legal status, even this letter that my manager is giving has gone thru HR and has been validated, but my main problem is the company does not use printed letterheads they use the company logo and print it via printer.

what i would want to know is this acceptable by INS?

INS doesn't ask for color print outs. Unless otherwise specified your are supposed to send photocopy and not the original. If you have multiple original letter then there is no harm in sending one.

As long as your employer is a genuine one, you can send whatever they give you.

INS doesn't ask for color print outs. Unless otherwise specified your are supposed to send photocopy and not the original. If you have multiple original letter then there is no harm in sending one.

As long as your employer is a genuine one, you can send whatever they give you.

I agree. As long as you are sending whatever your company gives you, you are in good shape.

It should be acceptable.

But my company has blank letter head with color logo and print the matter when we request it and sign with blue ink.

I used this for my parents visitor visa (2 times), 3 times H1 stamping in India (for the same comapny), and I-485 RFE response in March 2005.

My case is not yet approved but I don't think I will have any issues with my Employment RFE response.

As long as you deal with your company HR you should be fine. Our HR attached a visiting card to the Employment Letter once. If they give you can attach that too in case.

Ok, thanks for all of your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I will submit whatever my company gives.

HR will have its own format and style

Even in my case,HR was not ready to change the subject or the way they give the EVL.

So, as a caution, I prepared a letter ,matching the skill set description and had my good manager sign it on the company letter head.

Hope it helps.

Just to reassure you, I had the same RFE and my employer responded with same letterhead-logo-electronic situation as yours and all was okay!

Here is my RFE

you must submit a currently dated letter from your intended permanent employer, describing your present job duties and position in the rganization, your proffered position(if different from your current one), the date you began employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be in the original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. The letter should indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition(or labor certification) continue to exist.

I work for a fortune 5 company on EAD, The EVL I got from my employer is basically a print out with the Company logo on it and the signature in blue, I talked to my manager and he mentioned that they have an electronic document with the company logo and this is what is used for all communications.

my question is would this be acceptable by INS, since they have mentioned in the RFE that the letter should be in original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment

guys I need your help, please respond ASAP.

Most of the companies are doing away with printed letter head stationery. If/when needed, they print an electronic document that has the name/logo/address etc, and they consider that an "official" document.

The only difference I have seen with letterhead stationery Vs printed from an electronic document is a nicer quality paper. (Feels like cotton.)

If it makes you feel any better, just take some "nicer" stationery and print the EVL on it and have it signed by your manager.

Last edited by a moderator: