485 - Receipt

hmkrao

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have applied for my I140 & I485 concurrently from Texas service center and received date Aug 2nd 2005. I have got the receipt for I140 and I tracked I140 which went into RFE.

I did not get the receipt for I485.I have contacted the law firm they are saying INS kept the file aside and not cashed the check also. Gurus help me wht should I do now ??? :mad:. The company is telling me that the Law firms can setup appointment with the INS and discuss about the matter. I doubt whether we can do like this? What do I need to do now.

hmkrao said:
Hi
I have applied for my I140 & I485 concurrently from Texas service center and received date Aug 2nd 2005. I have got the receipt for I140 and I tracked I140 which went into RFE.

I did not get the receipt for I485.I have contacted the law firm they are saying INS kept the file aside and not cashed the check also. Gurus help me wht should I do now ??? :mad:. The company is telling me that the Law firms can setup appointment with the INS and discuss about the matter. I doubt whether we can do like this? What do I need to do now.

Dear Friend ,

First of all don't panic, and relax.

Plz share us,

1. Who filed ur 485+140? and when?

2. did u get 140 receipt from the law-firm?

3. when did u get receipt ? what is date on it?

4. What is ur Periority Date? (LC filed on?)

4. what country u from (this question is becz of periority date and visa blletin)?

Share us exactly date when Lawfirm sent ur 485+140 also read Notice date/receipt date on 140 receipt?

You are also sharing that 140 RFE???? plz share detail story? when RFe issued? did u get RFE? did u let ur attorney/law firm that RFE on the way? or they already received it.?

Relax and don't panic becz panic make things worst.

Also plz try to put signature on bottom with ur case info so ppl can read and reply u quickly, see how other are using signature
LC,
PD
140 field
140 RD/ND
RFE?
1485 RD/ND
EAd?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Frnd

1. Who filed ur 485+140? and when

The Law firm and filled on July 20th 2005.

2. did u get 140 receipt from the law-firm?

Yes

3. when did u get receipt ? what is date on it?

September 1 st week. August 2nd

4. What is ur Periority Date? (LC filed on?)

June 2003

4. what country u from (this question is becz of periority date and visa blletin)?

India

I need to send the ETA 750.which is dully filled.

LC : June 2003 -eb2 category
PD --
140 - Aug 2 2005
140 rd/ND - aug 2 2005
RFE
1485 RD/ND
EAd?

It seems u are EB2 and they received ur I-140 on Sep 1st 2005.(possibly 485 same date.)

read this Sep v-bulletin
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2616.html

For Eb2 V-no was available, also there were strong posibilites that Eb2 may be affected by visa unavailability in Sep month if they feel Eb2 need to.

There was a few ppl who shared their service center got confused/or by mistakely returned them back their application. in ur case it seems they haven't decided yet. and bec Oct start so may be they accept and use old date and put ur case in system.

Its all my opinion not necessary all should agree with.

What to do?

use ur I-140 receipt and talk directly to TSC 'DIRECTLY' .... How to????
here is to follow. this method works in this way, You are going to check status by phone and by selecting some option they allow u to talk to TSc/transfer TSC,

---------------
method to follow to talk with TSC direct.

use 800 to find status.
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for SRC #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Press 3 or 4 when it says u have file Multiple applicaiton, by selecting this option u will be connected with TSC.

(if u find any error after SRC input, use any other SRC like EAD etc)

Once connected give TSC-opt to ur 485 src..
-----------------------------------------------------

Be hopeful and relax,

Becz u filed in Sep they would accpet ur 485 and would send u receipt.

share us what do they say.

Good Luck

My recipt date on the I140 was Aug 2nd not September.So do you think I need to call Ins and Talk with the person.

Thanks for the inputs

hmkrao said:
My recipt date on the I140 was Aug 2nd not September.So do you think I need to call Ins and Talk with the person.

Thanks for the inputs

Yes, if u are interested in to find what is going on with ur 485 petition.
did they initiate 485 case for u? they would tell u .

call now, still u can get someone to talk.

Good Luck

When i called for the I485 they were not able to trace the file.As Iam not having the receipt for the I485. wht do you mean by initiate 485 case. We are not able to trace i485 file itself

hmkrao said:
When i called for the I485 they were not able to trace the file.As Iam not having the receipt for the I485. wht do you mean by initiate 485 case. We are not able to trace i485 file itself

Initiate mean: they put ur 485 petition in system generated case no (SRC#).

I know u don't have 485 SRC#, thats why u are going to call to find it,

USE 140 receipt # , when connected to TSC explain them situation , they would let u know that TSC has accepted ur 485 or SRC/receipt has been sent or what is going on?

Call them using 140 receipt#. and talk only TSC directly.

Good Luck

EB2 - Visa numbers

Guys,

I initiated an inquery on my I-485 case (TSC / RD May 2003) in July as it was pending since then and sent them fax with my SRC numbers to expedite the process on my case.

I received response from USCIS in first week of Sept that they can not expedite the process due to "Unavailability of visa numbers".

So i think the EB2 v #s were already retrogressed in August.

This is my assumption.

Although they sent out RFE on my wife's 485 in Sept 20th so I don't know what is going on there.

Let's hope for good.

Help Me,
Who can help me without the recipt number for my case iNS What is the Procedure? . I had conversation with my lawyer.Lawyer explained saying INS considered my case as EB3 and they kept the case aside.When the Lawyer sent letter saying the case is EB2 and need to be considered immediately .Still no Reply from INS. Still INS has not cashed check also.
Hi friends let me know what should I do?.I have called Ins couple of times.I had discussion with the Helpdesk.They are saying that case is not in the computer.who would help me???

TSC/EB2
PD March 2005
I140/i485 concurrent Filing
Rd: Aug 2 nd 2005
i140 Approved Oct 7th 2005
I485 - No Receipt

FIled concurrently but only got I-40 receipt and not I-485, 765?

Anyone recently receive the I-140 receipt without getting the I-485,765 reciept even though they filed all together?