485 filed may07, visa num available at that time! But not now, I am still ok right?

sky88

Registered Users (C)
Dear all

I called the Nebraska center last week and the lady was nice enough to tell me my case was cleared from the background check. And since I submitted mine around May 4 2007 and the USCIS's processing time is at April 14, 2007, so my case should be approved pretty soon but it depends on the availability of the visa number..she said!

Now my question is:

At the time I submited my I1485, my PD (9/24/02) was current and visa number was available (based on June 07 Bulletin), that's why i was able to submit my I485 in the first place!!

But based on the latest Dec 07 Bulletin, it says EB3 is only at Sept 01, 2002, so does that mean I am stuck again with no visa number for me? or I will be fine?

Please advise...

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Unfornately yes you will have to wait for the visa number to be available again. Even tho your application has been approved. But u dont need to worry coz your PD is just off by couple of weeks so maybe by the time your application is approved, your PD maybe current already. Remember, your dates must be inside the processing time (based on Nebraska processing center) and the visa availability time (based on visa bulletin).

PINOYinLA...u are not serious right????

That is so NOT FAIR!!!!! :mad:

Well...u know how they are, sometimes it might take 6 months for them to move 1 week!!!! So who knows how long do I have to wait for my PD to be current AGAIN!!!! :mad: Remembered the July fiasco??? They went fast forward almost 2 years then later backward for 2.5 years! (yes, I am exergerating..but they are like that!).....just to screw us all!

So u mean I am stuck...????

I just don't believe this is happening!!!!

But WAIT...how come they are approving those people with PD who are later than mine...in 2003, 2004....2007?????? EB3 too!!!! And they also submitted around May of 2007!!!

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i485-tracker1/

Last edited by a moderator:
yes..thanks for reminding of my ignorance! LOL

Sigh..I really tot I am going to see the "light" soon....

Do not be so dissaponted

yes..thanks for reminding of my ignorance! LOL

Sigh..I really tot I am going to see the "light" soon....

I am also on the same boat. And I am sure there are hundreds more. Just pray by Jan / Feb 2008 visa # gets Current

Yeah..if we get our GCs early next year, let's meet up and go celebrate! hahahahah...can't wait for that DAYYYYYY!!!!

For now..MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR..for ALL!

OK guys..especially those who are in the same boat as me! Here is my lawyer's response:

"I hate to give you one of those answers such as "it depends" However, it does depend on whether a visa number was assigned to a case when available. If a visa number was assigned to your case, when the security checks are complete an approval will be sent out even if the PD is not listed as current. If a visa number has not been assigned then the case will not be approved until the priority date is current."

However, I am not going to count on it...! It's better not to hope and be dissapointed! Especially I know my was cleared from the name check (according to the officer) and it still hasn't come till this day!

But IF it comes early, then that's definitely a gift from God for my Christmas! :)