485 - approved

tr_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

My 485 has been approved today. This forum has been of great help. My details are in my signature. I went through lot of hurdles and worries. But this process needs just patience. So just hang in there your turn will definitely come. My details are in my signature.

Things to note in my case:
  • Original Labor is from VA but during 140/485 application changed to Texas Service center due to change in location.
  • Concurrently filed
  • No LUD update after FP.
  • Received reply from FBI Name check only for spouse but not for me.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Gives me some hope as my dates are very close to yours.

congrats, tr_gc.... enjoy your new status...

This gives hopes for atleast me, all others in this category and date range, of course your 140/485 are lot earlier than me....

Congrats

tr_gc,

Congrats on a well deserved approval. June seems to be working out well for a lot of people. Lets hope the trend continues for everyone.

regards,

saras

485 Approval is Based on PD ?

Saras,

Pretty much it looks like the approvals are based on PD, as you said in your earlier posts. I hope I get the same soon.

God Bless.

Thanks for all your wishes. I am still waiting for POJ's cake. POJ where are you? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pd

Banglababu,

My PD is August 2001 and I was hoping that would speed up things after retrogression. No luck yet ...

regards,

saras

Pd??

saras76 said:
Banglababu,

My PD is August 2001 and I was hoping that would speed up things after retrogression. No luck yet ...

regards,

saras

Saras,

Your PD is away before mine. But its EB3 and I am not sure, will that count on some extra processing time. Well, whatever USCIS can think, could be a possible way to delay the process.

Good Luck.

congrats!!

TR gc

Very deserved, congratulations.
I wish I knew how to draw in the computer as POJ (he's awesome with the drawings) so I could send you a beautiful cake.
Like Saras76 said, we all hope June will be magical for all of us too.

Can you tell me if you got a magic email, or change status. How did you find out you were approved?
Sometimes I think those magic emails are just for the luckiest ones.
God bless..

I-485 concerns

Hello POJ, B.Babu, Saras_76, MVUsa & others in this thread,

I am sorry that I have put the same situation in two threads, this is just to get any of your attention. I was off this forum for few weeks, now back to exchange your thoughtful opinions. POJ, remember me, I was waiting on RFEs on me and my wife's I-485. Finally they came after 3 and half months later to my attorney's address inspite of letting USCIS-TSC know in writting and over the phone that my attorney is no longer providing me any legal service, any way, my ex-attorney was nice enough to mail me those RFEs. Our RFEs asked for legal status for 7 years (I sent all I-20s, I-94s), EVL, 2003-04 tax returns, last three paystubs. I expressmailed them on 6/03/05. I have following questions, if any of you can shade some light on those:

1. Does USCIS acknowldge the RFE after I send them via mail besides Online update, if so where do they mail the acknowledgement to attorney or me?

2. Then where do they send the RFE response besides online update, to me or the attorney?

I would like to share a scenario with you and hopefully some of you can response to help me:

You know my situation from above, now, I have Canadian Permanent residency in July 2002, according to Canadian immigration rule, out of 5 years residency period one can stay outside Canada for maximum of three years and this July,05 my three years would be exhausted and if I want to keep Canadian PR card I must go to Canada this July. On the other hand, I have my I-140 approved, waiting on RFE response. What should I do? Here is what I am planning and need any of your help to see if my plan is solid or not. We have Advance Parole, planning to go to Canada in this July (I do not think TSC will response to RFEs by June- telling from Saras and banglababu's situations) to Keep Canadian PR status and then if we get approval by AUG.16, 2005 (that is when my wife's AP will expire), then can be back to USA by using AP. I have couple of questions on that, if somebody could help:

1. While going to Canada by car, should I submit our I-94s to Canadian officials? I guess it is important to surrender I-94s so that there is no problem during entry to USA.

2. If we decide to use AP to return to USA from Canada can we do that eventough the grounds for AP was to go to native country.

If you could put yourself in my shoes (I understand may not fit) and tell me what would you do, I would greatly appreciate it. Regards.

Taslim
TSC- Employment based
I-140 RD 11/2003, AD: 02/05
I-485 RD 11/2003 (Concurrently)
I-485 RFE 04/26/2005
RFE Sent 6/03/05
FP 12/2004
EAD 02/2004, 02/2005 (Twice)
AP 8/16/2004

taslim ahmed said:
Hello POJ, B.Babu, Saras_76, MVUsa & others in this thread,

I am sorry that I have put the same situation in two threads, this is just to get any of your attention. I was off this forum for few weeks, now back to exchange your thoughtful opinions. POJ, remember me, I was waiting on RFEs on me and my wife's I-485. Finally they came after 3 and half months later to my attorney's address inspite of letting USCIS-TSC know in writting and over the phone that my attorney is no longer providing me any legal service, any way, my ex-attorney was nice enough to mail me those RFEs. Our RFEs asked for legal status for 7 years (I sent all I-20s, I-94s), EVL, 2003-04 tax returns, last three paystubs. I expressmailed them on 6/03/05. I have following questions, if any of you can shade some light on those:

1. Does USCIS acknowldge the RFE after I send them via mail besides Online update, if so where do they mail the acknowledgement to attorney or me?

2. Then where do they send the RFE response besides online update, to me or the attorney?

I would like to share a scenario with you and hopefully some of you can response to help me:

You know my situation from above, now, I have Canadian Permanent residency in July 2002, according to Canadian immigration rule, out of 5 years residency period one can stay outside Canada for maximum of three years and this July,05 my three years would be exhausted and if I want to keep Canadian PR card I must go to Canada this July. On the other hand, I have my I-140 approved, waiting on RFE response. What should I do? Here is what I am planning and need any of your help to see if my plan is solid or not. We have Advance Parole, planning to go to Canada in this July (I do not think TSC will response to RFEs by June- telling from Saras and banglababu's situations) to Keep Canadian PR status and then if we get approval by AUG.16, 2005 (that is when my wife's AP will expire), then can be back to USA by using AP. I have couple of questions on that, if somebody could help:

1. While going to Canada by car, should I submit our I-94s to Canadian officials? I guess it is important to surrender I-94s so that there is no problem during entry to USA.

2. If we decide to use AP to return to USA from Canada can we do that eventough the grounds for AP was to go to native country.

If you could put yourself in my shoes (I understand may not fit) and tell me what would you do, I would greatly appreciate it. Regards.

Taslim
TSC- Employment based
I-140 RD 11/2003, AD: 02/05
I-485 RD 11/2003 (Concurrently)
I-485 RFE 04/26/2005
RFE Sent 6/03/05
FP 12/2004
EAD 02/2004, 02/2005 (Twice)
AP 8/16/2004
You can renter with your valid H-1B approval notice/I-94 if you just travel to the Canada less than 30 days, otherwise you can reenter with your AP. However, there is a question for you. You said ** Canadian immigration rule is out of 5 years residency period one can stay outside Canada for maximum of three years. ** So you will have to return to the Canada for keep your CA green card in July 05. How long will you have to stay there before go to the USA again? Don’t you need to work now and your GC sponsor will wait for you until your I-485 gets approved? How nice your employer is!

Thanks for all your wishes... I think i am not fortunate enough to have POJ's cake. :)

mvusa,

I received 5 email for me and 5 emails for my wife. In the 3 for each of us from the email id CRIS [USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov] and and 2 from USCIS-CSSO [USCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov]. I hope i answered your question correctly.

I got two appointments for June 21st 2005. First one for me at 8:30 AM and 2nd one for my wife at 11:30 AM. Is it ok if we both go for 8:30 AM and will they allow both of us to get it stamped together? Can anyone tell me how long does it take to get the 485 approval from the date of approval and what are all needs to be carried to the interview?

Thanks
tr_gc

How can I forget :D Here is for u special

HTML:
.===================================================================.
||          __, _, ____,____,____,_  _,   ____,.____,              ||
||         (-|__| (-/_|(-|__|-|__|-\_/   (-/ _,(-/                 ||
||          _|  |,_/  |,_|   _|    _|,    _\__| _\__,              ||
||         (     (     (    (     (      (     (                   ||
||                             _                                   ||
||                          .'   '.                                ||
||                         /       \           oOoOo               ||
||                        |         |       ,==|||||               ||
||                         \       /       _|| |||||               ||
||                          '.___.'    _.-'^|| |||||               ||
||                        __/_______.-'     '==HHHHH               ||
||                   _.-'` /                   """""               ||
||                .-'     /   oOoOo                                ||
||                `-._   / ,==|||||                                ||
||                    '-/._|| |||||                                ||
||                     /  ^|| |||||                                ||
||                    /    '==HHHHH                                ||
||                   /________"""""                                ||
||                   `\       `\                                   ||
||                     \        `\   /                             ||
||                      \         `\/                              ||
||                      /                                          ||
||  tr_gc              /                                           ||
||                    /_____                                       ||
'==================================================================='

Compiler,

Thanks for your response. Since I sent response to the 485 RFE and have AP and a vacation due that is why I am trying to take that option for maintaing Canadian PR status in July, hoping to get approval of RFE by July, if so then I can sacrifice Canadian PR status to come back to USA. Do you think it's a good plan. Regards.

Taslim

Hi tr_gc:

Congradulation and enjoy the freedom.

You mentioned in your message that you did not get any LUD after fp.

Me and my wife did fp on 04/19/05 and till date we both did not get any change in message. Is it normal or some thing should be worried about.

our applications are concurrently filed and PD are current and people start getting approval with our PD recently.

Can we expect any good news soon from TSC.

Please send your comments. Thanks

tr_gc said:
Hello Everybody,

My 485 has been approved today. This forum has been of great help. My details are in my signature. I went through lot of hurdles and worries. But this process needs just patience. So just hang in there your turn will definitely come. My details are in my signature.

Things to note in my case:
  • Original Labor is from VA but during 140/485 application changed to Texas Service center due to change in location.
  • Concurrently filed
  • No LUD update after FP.
  • Received reply from FBI Name check only for spouse but not for me.

Regards