485 Approved October 4th (EB3)

HuiFang

Registered Users (C)
Per the advise from POJ, I am posting my details. We received the emails this morning letting us know of the following:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 4, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

My priority date is February 8, 2001. My 140 & 485 were filed on October 12, 2004. On November 5, 2004 my case was transferred to Buffalo, NY for processing (mistake). I waited for three months and then went to Buffalo office for inquiry. They told me that it was a mistake and transferred my case to Houston, Houston transferred to Dallas, Dallas transferred it back to Houston. Finally, I received fingerprint notices from TSC on April 6th. Same day my case was transferred back to TSC. TSC never updated their systems and my case was lost. I worked with the local congressman and CIS Ombudsman, Senetor etc. Finally, in July Ombudsman's office was able to get my case back on track and updated in the system. On July 18, 2005 140 was approved. On October 4th, 2005 485 approved. We are now waiting for letters to make an appointment and get the famous stamp in our passports.

Good Luck to you all.

EB-3 (RIR) Priority Date 02/08/2001
140 & 485 recipt date 10/12/2004
fingerprints 04/06/05
140 approved 07/18/05
485s approved 10/04/05

Eb3

If this is really a EB3 case(unlike Pandu04's case) then it's really surprising news for everyone.
Anyway,congrats to you Huifang.

HuiFang,

Congratulations for finishing this battle... I guess that you don't have to go for passport stamping if you get Green card directly..

Your case message is

Current Status:

On October 4, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

You should get green card in 3 -4 weeks..

PS: I am not a lawyer

u deserve it Man!

Your case was more screwed up then Saras.But hats off to you.You managed well.Enjoy your freedom.

HuiFang said:
Per the advise from POJ, I am posting my details. We received the emails this morning letting us know of the following:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

My priority date is February 8, 2001. My 140 & 485 were filed on October 12, 2004. On November 5, 2004 my case was transferred to Buffalo, NY for processing (mistake). I waited for three months and then went to Buffalo office for inquiry. They told me that it was a mistake and transferred my case to Houston, Houston transferred to Dallas, Dallas transferred it back to Houston. Finally, I received fingerprint notices from TSC on April 6th. Same day my case was transferred back to TSC. TSC never updated their systems and my case was lost. I worked with the local congressman and CIS Ombudsman, Senetor etc. Finally, in July Ombudsman's office was able to get my case back on track and updated in the system. On July 18, 2005 140 was approved. On October 4th, 2005 485 approved. We are now waiting for letters to make an appointment and get the famous stamp in our passports.

Good Luck to you all.

EB-3 (RIR) Priority Date 02/08/2001
140 & 485 recipt date 10/12/2004
fingerprints 04/06/05
140 approved 07/18/05
485s approved 10/04/05

Huifang,
You are from which country?
Are you retrogressed in EB3 quota?
Please post here.
Thanks in Advance

Congrats Huifang ...

Huifang,

It is great to hear that you have been approved. Our cases are so similar. Only difference now is that my case has gotten screwed by the retrogression. Anyway, enjoy your much deserved freedom.

All those wondering about Huifangs PD, he is not from a retrogressed country. His case falls under EB3 Rest of the world.

saras

Think he is from rest of the world and as such current, so in that case no suprise nothing out of the norms

saras76 said:
All those wondering about Huifangs PD, he is not from a retrogressed country. His case falls under EB3 Rest of the world

EB3, rest of the World is also retrogressed. Its not current.

-------------------------------------------------
3rd 01MAR01 01MAY00 01JAN98 01JAN01 01MAR01

Last edited by a moderator:
But he is a few days before 01 MAR 01.....

far23 said:
EB3, rest of the World is also retrogressed. Its not current.

3rd 01MAR01 01MAY00 01JAN98 01JAN01 01MAR01

Thank you all so much for your sincere congratulations. Saras76 is right I am not from one the countries that fall under retrogression. I am from Pakistan. I am not from china and definitely not a she. :D That would be my wife. Yes, my case is EB3 RIR. I would like you all to know the trick that worked for me. Just a guess but I feel that this definitely worked for me. I wrote about 6 letters to the Ombudsman's office. After my 5th letter, I got a response from Ombudsman's office in June assigning an inquiry number from their office for me to follow up. Within 15 days of that inquiry, my 140 was approved. In August, good people at TSC screwed up again (Thanks to them) and sent my wife's EAD renewal to Buffalo. I patiently waited until September 27th. I knew if I sent my complaint before October 1, then TSC would have a simple excuse, "We are out of Visa numbers". It was difficult for me to wait but I did. I also knew once the visa numbers are available and Ombudsman's office sends a follow up inquiry on my case, it would be easier for lazy bums (fortunately for me) at TSC to pick up my case and process it instead of following up with Buffalo on my wife's EAD. So I did mail another letter to Ombudsman's office complaining mainly about EAD but also bringing to light all other important facts like priority date, processing time posted by TSC etc. Ombudsman's office forwarded the inquiry on September 30 and my case was approved on October 4. My request to all of you is to please bug them if there is any inconsistencies in your case. God bless TSC, it would not be very difficult for any of us to find "any inconsistency" in our cases. Saras has plenty of them.
Again, my intention is to provide a complete account of my experience in order to help. Thank you again and good luck.

Ombudsman helps

All,

Huifang (the first Huifang from Pakistan that I have heard of :)) is correct about Ombudsman. My 485 that was trasferred to Miami and then subsequently misplaced within TSC was finally acknowledeged as having being received by the TSC after I sent emails and letters to the Ombudsman. The LUD on my 485 also changed for several days after the online message changed stating that they had received my 485 at TSC for processing (It read that it has been TRX to Miami for over a year). My useless lawyers and AILA could do nothing. The Ombudsmans office made it happen. I beleive I would have been approved had it not been for the retrogression. It was my luck that I found out about the Ombudsmans office only after retrogression for EB3s had kicked in. Things might have been different if I knew about this earlier. Anyway, got to play with the cards one is dealt.

When (a BIG WHEN) my PD becomes current I will immediately start following up with the Ombudsman office. In my case there is nothing left to do but fight.

regards,

saras76

The quota system in the Immigration system

What is this big deal about the country based quota system in the immigration process. I mean what are they trying to achieve. After all Pakistan and India were the same at one point of time and for all practical purposes we notice everybody as just a "desi" in the US. I dunno when the DOS or whoever is making al these stupid laws learns some lessons and some general knowledge and get rid of this "nationality" based quota system. I have no idea what the rationale behind any of these immigration laws or the immigration system itself. Congrats to HuiFang however for getting some preference for being from "Pakistan" for a change.

Maybe this is a modern day reincarnation of British Raj's "divide and rule" policy.
:)